Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK police clearance - Scotland

UK police clearance - Scotland

Old Dec 5th 2004, 6:10 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default UK police clearance - Scotland

Greetings once again,

Firstly I would like to thank the folk that have taken the time to reply to my post re police clearance in the UK and I would like to share my findings as hopefully this could help others in the future.

I have been doing my own research into the whole thing and as we Scots always have to be different (starting with the kilt! :scared: ) and in the case of requesting ones police clearance one has to get in touch with the police regional police department for the geographical area that covers the address where the applicant for clearance resides/ resided.

In my case this was Dundee in Scotland which falls under the Tayside police region and it seems that most regional police departments have their own website.
I contacted the Tayside police via their help contact on their website as there was no mention of police clearance issue on the site. I emailed them my request and have just received a reply from them as well as an application form to request the clearance.

Should anyone like a copy of this form please offer your email address and I will forward it to you.

The important issue is the info regarding the Scottish clearance requirement to cover the national police database / archieve.

Changes to the UK Police Certificate Process

We have reviewed our police clearance practices for the UK and although the process for securing a clearance for those people resident in England and Wales has not changed please note that for resident’s of Scotland they should still apply at their local police station for a Scottish Criminal Office subject access request� however (amendment);

If their Scottish Police clearance does not state the “Police National Computer� has been accessed they must secure a Person Record: Prosecution/ Criminal History from the National Identification Service (as per the practice of resident’s in England and Wales).

If they are resident or have been resident in Northern Ireland they should instead request a Person Record: Prosecution/ Criminal History from the Police Service of Northern Ireland. Enquiries should be made directly to;

The Police Service of Northern Ireland
Subject Access Office
Cro
Brooklyn Hq
65 Knock Rd
Belfast BT5 6LE

When making a request, they should also ask for a check on the Police National Computer to be made.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is also the issue of do I need to submit a police clearance from Scotland as I have been living in South Africa for 24 years? The answer to that is YES, NZIS require this as they require clearance from ANY country that I have citizenship and as I still retain my British Passport.

I hope this helps for the future

Kind regards

Campbell
Old Dec 5th 2004, 6:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK police clearance - Scotland

Thanks for posting that - I don't remember if you were involved in the discussion on the immigration forum, but a few weeks ago we were trying to discover the actual position with Scottish vs England/Wales police checks, and whether the Eng/Wales bit was done automatically. Looks like we finally got a definitive answer
Old Dec 5th 2004, 6:35 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

just read your thread, thats what i call perfect timing

soapy
Old Dec 5th 2004, 6:41 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
just read your thread, thats what i call perfect timing

soapy
Spooky :scared:
Old Dec 5th 2004, 4:01 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant was just wondering about the Scottish police check thing! We always have to be different

Will print your commentws out when hubbie comes back from the shops with printer paper!

Thanks again

Lynn
Old Dec 5th 2004, 7:24 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

im glad i saw this thread.
sent an email to ra polis and got a link back when i woke this morning
printed off the polece check.....dead easy !!!!!
Old Dec 5th 2004, 8:43 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by soapy
im glad i saw this thread.
sent an email to ra polis and got a link back when i woke this morning
printed off the polece check.....dead easy !!!!!
Goody Goody!!