Reload this Page >

UK Pharmacist looking for rural hospital sponsorship

UK Pharmacist looking for rural hospital sponsorship

Old Sep 26th 2013, 10:32 am
Just Joined

JDAD84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question UK Pharmacist looking for rural hospital sponsorship

Hi Guys,

My Husband is a qualified Pharmacist in the UK. So far we have started the process of getting his qualification assessed by the APC in order for him to be eligible to take the CAOP exam (potentially March).

The next stage would be for him to secure a limited registration with the Pharmacy Board in order for him to complete his supervised practice in Oz.

We've been looking to see whether a rural route would be better as I understand though Pharmacist roles currently aren't on the SOL he could potentially secure a sponsored role (visa) if we are willing to go to a regional/rural location.

Has anyone had any experience of this, or does anyone have any suggestions of which locations would offer sponsorship in hospital pharmacy?

We're looking to head out on a working holiday visa in March to see if we can progress things easier whilst in the country but of course we're wanting to get as far as we can before taking the leap.

Any advice or suggestions welcomed
Old Sep 26th 2013, 10:41 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Pharmacist looking for rural hospital sponsorship

Originally Posted by JDAD84
Hi Guys,

My Husband is a qualified Pharmacist in the UK. So far we have started the process of getting his qualification assessed by the APC in order for him to be eligible to take the CAOP exam (potentially March).

The next stage would be for him to secure a limited registration with the Pharmacy Board in order for him to complete his supervised practice in Oz.

We've been looking to see whether a rural route would be better as I understand though Pharmacist roles currently aren't on the SOL he could potentially secure a sponsored role (visa) if we are willing to go to a regional/rural location.

Has anyone had any experience of this, or does anyone have any suggestions of which locations would offer sponsorship in hospital pharmacy?

We're looking to head out on a working holiday visa in March to see if we can progress things easier whilst in the country but of course we're wanting to get as far as we can before taking the leap.

Pharmacist is on the CSOL which means it is available for employer, regional or state sponsorship. State sponsorship is sometimes easier to obtain than employer sponsorship, but I couldn't tell you about the availability of roles.

Each state has it's own migration plan - SA has both hospital pharmacist and retail pharamacist on it's list, but google can give you each states website to check others.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Pharmacist is on the CSOL which means it is available for employer, regional or state sponsorship. State sponsorship is sometimes easier to obtain than employer sponsorship, but I couldn't tell you about the availability of roles.

Each state has it's own migration plan - SA has both hospital pharmacist and retail pharamacist on it's list, but google can give you each states website to check others.
That's great, i'll look into contacting SA immigration directly to see what they suggest.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 11:08 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

That's great, i'll look into contacting SA immigration directly to see what they suggest.
You need to have your skills assessment - and IELTS if it isn't already done. Then if you score enough points to qualify for a 190 visa (minimum of 55 from age, quals, experience, English plus 5 for state sponsorship is enough), then you can lodge an EOI. Once you have EOI, you can apply for state nomination. Have a look here - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf and here - https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled_migrants for South Australia
Old Sep 26th 2013, 11:51 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

I'm sure you already know this, but if you have kids you can't bring them on a WHV. You'd be surprised how many people think that you can!
Old Sep 26th 2013, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm sure you already know this, but if you have kids you can't bring them on a WHV. You'd be surprised how many people think that you can!
lol... no kids planned yet - we want to wait until we get out to Oz and get settled for all of hat.... so not for a few years :-)
Old Sep 26th 2013, 12:08 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

lol... no kids planned yet - we want to wait until we get out to Oz and get settled for all of hat.... so not for a few years :-)
Clever girl Good luck!