British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   UK Passport Validity in Transit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/uk-passport-validity-transit-928251/)

oz101 Oct 2nd 2019 2:12 am

UK Passport Validity in Transit

Hello All,
Returning back to UK via Singapore or UAE but have released that my UK passport is valid for only 1 month. (slight oversight). Will I be okay in transit (airside) as web search provides contrasting info.

Cheers.

quoll Oct 2nd 2019 6:09 am

Re: UK Passport Validity in Transit

Originally Posted by oz101 (Post 12743124)
Hello All,
Returning back to UK via Singapore or UAE but have released that my UK passport is valid for only 1 month. (slight oversight). Will I be okay in transit (airside) as web search provides contrasting info.

Cheers.

Do you have a current Australian passport as well? Do you not have time to renew your UK passport?

oz101 Oct 2nd 2019 6:29 am

No only UK with idea of renewal in Uk when there.

NickyC Oct 2nd 2019 6:51 am

But according to your earlier question about passports, you're a dual citizen.

If that's so, I would expect a couple of questions when trying to leave Australia on a UK passport that obviously won't have a valid visa within it.

Not sure the automatic gates will let you through.. :sneaky:

Dorothy Oct 2nd 2019 7:26 am

Originally Posted by NickyC (Post 12743185)
But according to your earlier question about passports, you're a dual citizen.

If that's so, I would expect a couple of questions when trying to leave Australia on a UK passport that obviously won't have a valid visa within it.

Not sure the automatic gates will let you through.. :sneaky:

I leave Australia on my Canadian passport when we go to North America and return on my Australian one with no issues. The OP may have a problem getting back to Aus if they only have a UK passport though.

oz101 Oct 2nd 2019 7:50 am

Hi Guys,
Was just wondering if passport validity was a factor in transit for a couple of hours in either SIN or DXB.

Dorothy Oct 2nd 2019 9:50 am

Originally Posted by oz101 (Post 12743214)
Hi Guys,
Was just wondering if passport validity was a factor in transit for a couple of hours in either SIN or DXB.

Have you looked on the airlines' websites?

quoll Oct 2nd 2019 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 12743203)
I leave Australia on my Canadian passport when we go to North America and return on my Australian one with no issues. The OP may have a problem getting back to Aus if they only have a UK passport though.

Gosh, I've been hauled over the coals for not leaving on my Aussie passport - which I had been advised to do by check in Canberra on one occasion even though I queried the validity of doing that. Very irritating!

Pollyana Oct 3rd 2019 2:41 am

Originally Posted by oz101 (Post 12743214)
Hi Guys,

It should not be as long as you are staying air-side

Originally Posted by quoll (Post 12743536)
Gosh, I've been hauled over the coals for not leaving on my Aussie passport - which I had been advised to do by check in Canberra on one occasion even though I queried the validity of doing that. Very irritating!

I've had the same at Brisbane. I did it as a pure accident ad gave them the Aussie one as soon as I realised the mistake but they stil gave me the third degree.