Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK passport, taking a round trip cruise to NZ

UK passport, taking a round trip cruise to NZ

Old Feb 17th 2014, 2:23 am
Just Joined

seanny is an unknown quantity at this point
Question UK passport, taking a round trip cruise to NZ

I am thinking of takig a round trip cruise to NZ from Sydney.

It's not very clear to me as what kind of document I need to bring so that I can take a round trip cruise. Since the cruise leaves from Sydney and comes back to Sydney, I am not deemed to have left Australia. It sounds like a drivers license is enough?

Anyone care to share? What kind of document do they check at the embarkment.

Thank you very much.
Old Feb 17th 2014, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK passport, taking a round trip cruise to NZ

Is the ship not stopping in NZ at all?

What does the cruise line say you need in the way of documentation?
Old Feb 18th 2014, 12:11 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Passport plus the appropriate visa to re-enter Australia, most likely.
Plus a tourist visa for New Zealand, if applicable.

But ask the cruise line, to see what they say.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 6:23 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You will leave Australia as soon as you enter international waters. Presumably you will be disembarking in New Zealand?

What passport do you hold? If it's an Australian or New Zealand passport then you won't need a visa. If it's a British passport then likewise as British citizens get a six month visitor stamp when arriving in New Zealand as a tourist. If you're British then you may need a visa to return to Australia depending on your status there.