Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK passport renewal - help!

UK passport renewal - help!

Old Feb 25th 2008, 10:53 pm
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute
Question UK passport renewal - help!

Can anyone help out.........my passport is due for renewal as we have a trip planned back to the UK, but I'm having difficulty finding somewhere that does passport photo's without the watermark on the back!

I've already had one lot done in Brisbane, and the girl in the shop assured me they would be ok, but I don't want to risk sending them off only to have them returned.

Can anyone recommend a place in Brisbane that they've used successfully.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:06 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK passport renewal - help!

Originally Posted by tinkerbell
Can anyone help out.........my passport is due for renewal as we have a trip planned back to the UK, but I'm having difficulty finding somewhere that does passport photo's without the watermark on the back!

I've already had one lot done in Brisbane, and the girl in the shop assured me they would be ok, but I don't want to risk sending them off only to have them returned.

do you know anyone with a digital camera - a lot of them come with the facility to tak passport shots - we used ours for our passports when we got them a few years back
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:12 pm
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thewoodz
do you know anyone with a digital camera - a lot of them come with the facility to tak passport shots - we used ours for our passports when we got them a few years back
we've got a digital camera, but to be honest, dont know if it's got that facility.
The passport office has strict guidelines on what is and is not acceptable for photo's, as they are all biometric now.
Who would have thought it could be so bloody difficult to get a UK passport when your soddin british!!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:55 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

Try a post office. I had to get a passport type photo for a visa to visit China on business. They did it no problem.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was a good post.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500990

Ian
Old Feb 26th 2008, 12:09 am
playing the angel

Originally Posted by ebo1608
I thought this was a good post.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500990

Ian
cheers for all suggestions. just been looking at the do it yourself option!

My dilema is that the photos I've had done are from one of the photographers suggested on the british consul web site, but still has the water mark on the back.

I think I might send them off with a letter stating that the photos were taken at one of the photographers suggested by them, and see what they say!!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

cheers for all suggestions. just been looking at the do it yourself option!

My dilema is that the photos I've had done are from one of the photographers suggested on the british consul web site, but still has the water mark on the back.

I think I might send them off with a letter stating that the photos were taken at one of the photographers suggested by them, and see what they say!!
Had UK passport pics with Fujicolour logo on the back of the photopaper accepted a couple of months ago no problems.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:15 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

The passport office has strict guidelines on what is and is not acceptable for photo's, as they are all biometric now.
Who would have thought it could be so bloody difficult to get a UK passport when your soddin british!!
No point getting worked up about it - every country with biometric passports (and that is becoming most countries) has similar rules.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, I had mine done by one of the recommended photographers and havent checked to see if there is a watermark on the back. Guess I had better send the application off very soonish.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:13 am
playing the angel

Originally Posted by quoll
Gosh, I had mine done by one of the recommended photographers and havent checked to see if there is a watermark on the back. Guess I had better send the application off very soonish.
well, after spending most of the day searching out information, it seems like a bit of Russian roulette.
some have successfully sent off photos with a watermark, others have had them returned.
I'm going to bite the bullet and send the ones I've got, and then worry about it if they get returned.