Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Passport renewal

UK Passport renewal

Old Jan 24th 2005, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default UK Passport renewal

What do we have to do to renew a UK Passport now that we live in Oz?

Thanks Yve
Old Jan 24th 2005, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future
Default Re: UK Passport renewal

Originally Posted by abergas
What do we have to do to renew a UK Passport now that we live in Oz?

Thanks Yve
You will get a new one from here:

http://bhc.britaus.net/Contact_Us/co...ault.asp?id=30
Old Jan 24th 2005, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Thank you

Originally Posted by Muzza04
Old Jan 25th 2005, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Bella3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I downloaded the forms, got new pics done - went to Camera House for these $9.95 for 6 taken by digital camera. Then send the completed forms, pics, old passports and payment form (or cheque) to Canberra. You can take it to the Consular in Perth but they charge you around $10 extra for them to send it to Canberra, when it costs around $2 to send it by registered/recorded delivery yourself. You have to get the form signed by JP or the like, and your photo too - much the same as when you apply at home. I checked and they do return your old passport with the page with your visa (if it is still valid) untouched. I sent mine on the 10th Jan, my credit card was debited on the 18th so it shouldn't be too long now before I get the passports back (fingers crossed)- they come back via courier.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Just renewed the kids passports. They took the money out the day the application arrived and I got the new passports in less than a week! Must be a quiet spell after christmas.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 5:32 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Funnily enough Mrs Rog has just had to renew 'cos her mum is seriously ill in the UK.

We explained this to Canberra then next day drove down first thing, spent a few hours picnicking up the hill, collected the new passport at 2.30 and were back in Sydney in the evening. Good work, Canberra.

I can't say I'd recommend doing it from WA though!