Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Paramedic to Adelaide

UK Paramedic to Adelaide

Old May 12th 2018, 11:34 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Paramedic to Adelaide

Originally Posted by Dreamy
:::grabs some popcorn:::

This could be a fun Mother's Day!
You're a bit of a devil this weekend, Ms Dreamy!
Old May 13th 2018, 12:59 am
Just Joined

Tim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha as a newbie I just thought the advice could have been worded a little better. Anyway, the offer of help still stands as I know how much it helped me when I emigrated 10 years ago.
Old May 13th 2018, 1:04 am
jwt
Just Joined

jwt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tim1709
Haha as a newbie I just thought the advice could have been worded a little better. Anyway, the offer of help still stands as I know how much it helped me when I emigrated 10 years ago.

lol I appreciate it Tim, I have sent an email to your sa.gov.au email address.

James
Old May 13th 2018, 1:29 am
Just Joined

Tim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond reputeTim1709 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jwt
lol I appreciate it Tim, I have sent an email to your sa.gov.au email address.

James
no problem mate, put a full stop between the first and last names, I accidentally left it off.
Old May 13th 2018, 2:37 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

im happy to answer any questions on the forum, just trying to access a message I’d been sent. Did you have any questions about joining the ambulance service in south Australia? Or are you on this forum to just have a moan
Sorry if you feel I was being mean - I deleted one post and pointed out that the purpose of a forum is to share openly.

If you've missed them, site rules are here https://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

As said, when info is shared on a forum it is available for everyone to read. It helps jwt, and also Quibell who has already posted on this thread and is in the same situation.

But also, as you acknowledge, some of your information may be old, and if you give bad advice privately it cannot be corrected
Old May 13th 2018, 2:40 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
:::grabs some popcorn:::

This could be a fun Mother's Day!
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Settle down. Old Sparkles is a forum moderator and was just letting you know, as a new member, how the forum and PM system works.
All good ladies - Happy Mothers Day
Old May 13th 2018, 9:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Quite common to see paramedics posting and its not always easy for them to find a way in, so anything on the open forum could be useful! Back in the day Queensland had a huge sponsorship programme and I met several paramedics who moved at that time,but they can now fill the vacancies domestically and don't need to sponsor.
Old May 13th 2018, 9:25 am
Just Joined

No problem sparkles. As far as info that would help to get in, not much to add really apart from apply now. There is a big recruitment drive underway to fill two new ambulance stations, with probably more on the way. In the past, external recruits have been sent to the country stations far from Adelaide, me included, but with the workload becoming problematic in matropolitan Adelaide, that’s not happening at present. Every ambulance service has it’s good and bad points, but on the whole SAAS is a pretty good employer in my opinion. Happy to answer any specific questions that anyone might have.
tim
Old Sep 7th 2018, 5:27 am
Just Joined

Quibell is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning, is anyone due to start on the November intake?

thanks Alex
Old Sep 7th 2018, 12:57 pm
jwt
Just Joined

jwt is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, both my wife and I are. getting close, would be nice to get a contract/posting/work Visa! exciting, but also frightening to leave our jobs and move across the world.
feel free to email me or add me to fb. name is James Tozer, email is [email protected]

james