Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Uk to oz shipping container cost ATM

Uk to oz shipping container cost ATM

Old May 7th 2022, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

Ilikebeingme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk to oz shipping container cost ATM

Hi everyone, how much are you being quoted at the moment for a 20/40 ft shipping container from England to Australia.
(May2022)
Thanks in advance.
Old May 8th 2022, 12:03 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk to oz shipping container cost ATM

Originally Posted by Ilikebeingme
Hi everyone, how much are you being quoted at the moment for a 20/40 ft shipping container from England to Australia.
(May2022)
Thanks in advance.
No idea - but welcome to the forum
Old Jun 22nd 2022, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

UKmitch86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ilikebeingme
(May2022)
Thanks in advance.
Did you ever get a price? We're being quoted GBP 8000 for a 40ft HC because we need to get a caravan in it. You may not need that, but I'm interested to know
Old Jun 23rd 2022, 10:32 am
Just Joined

JosDar is an unknown quantity at this point

Mmm, so interesting. I've been quoted over £12,000 for a 40 foot sole use from Dundee to Adelaide. After asking the shipper to re quote as I removed about 1/4 of total belongings it has come back more expense!!! When I queried I was told that shipping has gone up since the initial quote a couple of weeks ago. I'd love a quote of £8,000 so if you'd care to share the shipper this might be of some use to me. Cheers.
Old Jul 17th 2022, 9:59 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful as they can add a lot more cost along the way too which you are not prepared for - demurrage for delays, excess fuel charges keep popping up so don’t assume that is the final cost. The freight market has gone wild with the price of fuel, covid and delays at ports etc.

Old Jul 23rd 2022, 3:30 pm
fal
Just Joined

fal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UKmitch86
Did you ever get a price? We're being quoted GBP 8000 for a 40ft HC because we need to get a caravan in it. You may not need that, but I'm interested to know
I'd also like to know who gave you the quote. Or any recommendations or at least a list of shipping companies?
Old Sep 17th 2022, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

Just for anyone who is interested, I ship goods from the UK and are currently paying £8,845 from the UK to Sydney, that includes loading of the goods as well
Old Sep 18th 2022, 2:56 am
Just Joined

DarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pogsy
Just for anyone who is interested, I ship goods from the UK and are currently paying £8,845 from the UK to Sydney, that includes loading of the goods as well

I made a mistake in my initial post - it was a 20 foot container and not 40 foot container. I have to say that the removal company I went with so far have been great. They packed over two days and did a great job. Would be interested to hear if your quote is for a 20 foot or 40 foot container.
Old Oct 5th 2022, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Nylo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pogsy
Hi everybody, newbee here

Sorry to hijack the thread but I can't do PMs yet.
I'm looking to return to Aus from the UK in Dec so I'd be interested in more details on this, if I may. PM me if you could.

I'm looking at more like 15-20 Tea Chests in volume as the container price just got ridiculous and it stops being cost effective. That and the horror stories I hear about delays, ships hovering out of port yet racking up charges and so on, it's not a good time to ship stuff.
Mind you, having read through some of the posts on this forum today regarding the cost of living my enthusiasm is somewhat deflated.
Old Oct 11th 2022, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

BleughBleugh is an unknown quantity at this point

Cost is between £10-19K for a 20-40foot container.
Most UK peeps would fit in a 20ft

When i first moved downunder 16 years ago, (for 10 years) I sold everything - took nothing
moving back, we shipped a 40t container from a 5 bedder which was around $25k AUD
now we're heading back again in January, getting quotes currently -

My view - if it has sentimental value, ship it - else it's cheaper to burn it....
it's sensible-ish to ship drawers / cupboard type things provided you fill them with stuff...
buy LOTS of boxes
don't ship lawnmowers,
break down bikes,

Old Oct 11th 2022, 6:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BleughBleugh
Cost is between £10-19K for a 20-40foot container.
Most UK peeps would fit in a 20ft

When i first moved downunder 16 years ago, (for 10 years) I sold everything - took nothing
moving back, we shipped a 40t container from a 5 bedder which was around $25k AUD
now we're heading back again in January, getting quotes currently -

My view - if it has sentimental value, ship it - else it's cheaper to burn it....
it's sensible-ish to ship drawers / cupboard type things provided you fill them with stuff...
buy LOTS of boxes
don't ship lawnmowers,
break down bikes,
£19k for a 20 foot? jeez I’m glad I’m going the other way! Who is that with?
Old Oct 12th 2022, 9:12 am
Just Joined

BleughBleugh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
£19k for a 20 foot? jeez I’m glad I’m going the other way! Who is that with?
Closer to £10k for a 20 foot
closer to £20k for a 40 foot

that's a generic google search average and a few phone calls
from AU to UK, it was about $25K AUD for a 40ft 6 years ago