Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK - OZ Adapter Plugs

UK - OZ Adapter Plugs

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice
Default UK - OZ Adapter Plugs

Hi,

Really simple one this, where is the cheapest place to get the UK - OZ power adapter plugs. Do we buy them here or over in oz.

At currys they are £7.99 each anyone know where you can get them cheaper?

John
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

brad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to all
Default Re: UK - OZ Adapter Plugs

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
Hi,

Really simple one this, where is the cheapest place to get the UK - OZ power adapter plugs. Do we buy them here or over in oz.

John
Hi
You can get them on e bay for 85p each just search for Australian plug adapters

brad
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

John
Try Boots, or even Asda - think I got some in there. Lots of bag shops sell them too, the sort of place that does suitcase padlocks and money belts on those swivelly stands
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

vics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

John

If you do get here and find that you don't have enough adaptors then you can buy them in most "high st" electrical shops here for around $10-$12.

Tip - buy lots of UK multi-plug extension leads before you leave the UK and then you will need to fork out for fewer adaptors!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

RubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really nice

Originally Posted by vics
If you do get here and find that you don't have enough adaptors then you can buy them in most "high st" electrical shops here for around $10-$12.

Tip - buy lots of UK multi-plug extension leads before you leave the UK and then you will need to fork out for fewer adaptors!

Erm.....ist there a problem with just changing the plugs??

I know that there are some things you may not want to change the plugs on (incase it invalidated worldwide warranty).....but for most things I'd have thought it ok to change the plug.

Still a good idea to take extension cables though...to minimise the plug changing marathon.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:53 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RubyPearl

I know that there are some things you may not want to change the plugs on (incase it invalidated worldwide warranty).....but for most things I'd have thought it ok to change the plug.

Still a good idea to take extension cables though...to minimise the plug changing marathon.
You're not allowed to change the plugs yourself! Just in case you break a nail or something!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:22 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

John
They sell them in the Dollar shop on King Street, but I imagine that most Dollar shops will have them.

Cost - $1.

S
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
They sell them in the Dollar shop on King Street, but I imagine that most Dollar shops will have them.

Cost - $1.

S

Are you sure they are $1from the dollar shop? That's awfully cheap
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:27 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I brought a couple of 4 gang extension leads with me, and just changed the plugs on them. That worked out much better than changing all the plugs on everything, and was good for stuff like phone chargers with moulded plugs.

One thing though, you can't get gang extension leads with much longer than 1 m of lead on, so I would try and bring a couple of 2 m ones and just change the plugs over.

S
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:29 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Wendy
Are you sure they are $1from the dollar shop? That's awfully cheap
Yup. 1 dollar. I bought several, but only needed a couple as my gang leads coped with the rest.

S
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 3:00 pm
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future

Hi,

John

Hi my wife bought some for £1 each from Savers a cheap pound style shop, but yeah we plan to take extension leads with multi sockets aswell.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice

B & Q is your friend for gang leads of varying lengths and plug numbers.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

There are still the things that have a transformer on that you can't change. We've been here 18 months now and hubby's phone and the handsfree are still UK ones. Can't be bothered to buy Aus ones
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

RubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really nice

Originally Posted by benny the ball
You're not allowed to change the plugs yourself! Just in case you break a nail or something!
Benny,

**** OFF
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Hi,

John
I got mine in Big W for $7....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.