Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

uk offshore medical in australia

uk offshore medical in australia

Old Aug 12th 2014, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default uk offshore medical in australia

Cause i have worked in the offshore industry for many years and always had my medical for offshore paid for by company,i was wondering if any guys who are in oz work offshore and know the score on medicals for offshore here.
Im based in wa and i have a emailed copy of my offshore medical from my employer in uk.
I was lead to believe that you can use this here as well,and that really the only use the same ones.
I hear that this might be upto the client or employer about using a uk offshore medical anyone know?and im unsure if its got another company name on it if an employer would want?

Does anyone know if needed to do another,where i can search for places that does the offshore medical and best prices as im sure there are some costing more than other places.

I still have a year left on the one i have and hoping i can use it but im thinking maybe its not possilble.

thanks
Old Aug 13th 2014, 11:04 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk offshore medical in australia

Originally Posted by brian.w
Cause i have worked in the offshore industry for many years and always had my medical for offshore paid for by company,i was wondering if any guys who are in oz work offshore and know the score on medicals for offshore here.
Im based in wa and i have a emailed copy of my offshore medical from my employer in uk.
I was lead to believe that you can use this here as well,and that really the only use the same ones.
I hear that this might be upto the client or employer about using a uk offshore medical anyone know?and im unsure if its got another company name on it if an employer would want?

Does anyone know if needed to do another,where i can search for places that does the offshore medical and best prices as im sure there are some costing more than other places.

I still have a year left on the one i have and hoping i can use it but im thinking maybe its not possilble.

thanks
Brian, it depends on what your employer accepts. A full medical could probably be done by your own doctor, but most offshore employers also want a fitness to work test - Scouse always got his done at Prime Medical but there are a lot of others - his employer always paid so don't know about the cost. Also, most employers have a preference for who does the testing, but if they're expecting you to pay for it you should have more leeway.

Have you got your HUET? (Helicopter Underwater Escape Technique) as far as I know this is mandatory for offshore work

You'll probably also need MSIC - offshore work security clearance

Might be best to wait to see what they say tomorrow.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Yes have foet, msic card etc in fact its my sixth time of doing offshore training over past 21 yrs done every 4yrs, as for job never got it, wasted journey that was.as for if I need medical or not I await if im offered anything else and take from there.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 11:44 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
Yes have foet, msic card etc in fact its my sixth time of doing offshore training over past 21 yrs done every 4yrs, as for job never got it, wasted journey that was.as for if I need medical or not I await if im offered anything else and take from there.
Yep, that's a good plan Stan (Brian)

Scouse never minded doing the HUET, but I'd be terrified!