Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK to NZ Electrician... and just stuff!

UK to NZ Electrician... and just stuff!

Old May 22nd 2002, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of light
Default UK to NZ Electrician... and just stuff!

Hi there everyone..

Could anyone tell me the best way to go about getting ‘certified’ (no… not to a lunatic asylum), what I need to know is the best/easiest way to get my Electrician certification to be able to work (and qualify on points) in NZ.

I am a qualified UK Electrician and have been for nearly twenty years, and even have a few years teaching skills (6 years College Lecturing), but wish to apply my ‘manual’ skills towards a job in NZ. I have downloaded the Electrical Workers Registration Boards package, however I still would like an ‘easy on the eyes and brain’ explanation from someone who has done it… if this is possible.

Also, if there is anyone reading this who has done the jump to NZ, and has ANY information, or just would like to chat about their experience… good or bad… please drop me a line, as I would love to hear from you.

My wife and I are planning a vacation to NZ later in the year, as a sort of ‘reconnaissance’ mission prior to moving (we hope). And we feel that if we could just make a few connections and get a ‘feel’ for it before we come over, it would benefit in time and effort saved. Don’t worry though… we wont turn up on your doorstep with three dozen suitcases… we are just looking to make a few connections and get some advice… honest!

Regards all…

Kevin.