Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK nurse seeks advice for emigrating to Australia

UK nurse seeks advice for emigrating to Australia

Old Nov 26th 2020, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Liam1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK nurse seeks advice for emigrating to Australia

Hi, I'm a recently qualified mental health nurse intending to relocate to Australia. The whole process is somewhat daunting, so if anyone could help me with the following questions I would really appreciate it:
  1. Should I use a migration agent to help me with my visa application or should I do it myself?
  2. How do I find employment as a nurse once my visa is granted?
  3. Are there recruitment agencies for nurses who would help me with my visa application and relocation etc?
  4. Should I register with a recruitment agency prior to obtaining my visa?
  5. Once my visa is granted should I find employment prior to relocating or should I apply for positions once I have arrived in Australia?
Any advice would be great. Thank you.
Old Dec 26th 2020, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Helen Randle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK nurse seeks advice for emigrating to Australia

Originally Posted by Liam1985
Hi, I'm a recently qualified mental health nurse intending to relocate to Australia. The whole process is somewhat daunting, so if anyone could help me with the following questions I would really appreciate it:
  1. Should I use a migration agent to help me with my visa application or should I do it myself?
  2. How do I find employment as a nurse once my visa is granted?
  3. Are there recruitment agencies for nurses who would help me with my visa application and relocation etc?
  4. Should I register with a recruitment agency prior to obtaining my visa?
  5. Once my visa is granted should I find employment prior to relocating or should I apply for positions once I have arrived in Australia?
Any advice would be great. Thank you.
Hi
1. I didn't use an agent and did the visa process myself. It was very straightforward but not sure if that's changed in the last 12 yrs.
2. Look on Seek.com.au or indeed for work. Also contact employers directly. There is a lot of nursing work at the moment so don't be afraid to send your CV and email managers direct!
3. Probably are agencies for relocation etc but I didn't use them. Some agencies may offer visas but not very common to my knowledge.
​​them.
4. If you want to use a recruitment agency then sure, register when you want to. You just may miss out on jobs while waiting. As I said, I think its best to approach places directly and search online yourself, but that's just me.
5. As above,search whenever, some employers will wait for your visa and offer you a position, others won't.

Good luck!