Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Nova forced to shut down?

UK Nova forced to shut down?

Old Aug 26th 2012, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light
Default UK Nova forced to shut down?

at least that's how it looks like this morning
Old Aug 27th 2012, 12:32 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Nova forced to shut down?

Originally Posted by Evelin
I saw that too Where to now for UK TV? I use Torrent Day as well but they were never as good as UKNOVA. What other sites etc are you folks using?
Old Aug 27th 2012, 12:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It seems you're right. There is still thebox, but it will be interesting to see how long they last.

Nearly all of UKNova content is available elsewhere.

Last edited by Amazulu; Aug 27th 2012 at 1:10 am.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 1:03 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently they got a C&D letter, and in the current climate they decided to shut up shop rather than getting screwed over by the legal system.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Nooooo............
Old Aug 27th 2012, 1:57 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It seems you're right. There is still thebox, but it will be interesting to see how long they last.

Nearly all of UKNova content is available elsewhere.
Shame, you're tight about thebox, it will be next.

I'm planning on getting a UK Bluray player for the iPlayer integration.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 2:07 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Do not care... totally gone native now... watch only AFL and 15 year-old antiques roadshows.... do not care... best tv in world right here in Australia... now going to watch cutting edge 1967 sitcom Green Acres....
Old Aug 27th 2012, 2:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Shame, you're tight about thebox, it will be next.

I'm planning on getting a UK Bluray player for the iPlayer integration.
It depends where they are based. Is UKNova based in the UK?

I'm going to do the same as you and get US and UK models of the WDTV.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 2:41 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It depends where they are based. Is UKNova based in the UK?

I'm going to do the same as you and get US and UK models of the WDTV.
Zulu, check the latest threads on Whirlpool because it looks like the latest Firmware of the WDTV Live determines its location via the IP address and not any kind of hardware geolocation, so things have changed, basically.

One of mine is still playing Netflix and Hulu because I've not updated to the latest firmware. The other one is still in its box because I'm having a hard time finding a particular 60 inch Panasonic plasma I want to plug it in to.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 2:52 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

You might find this useful : http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/ind...-raspberry-pi/

Of course you still need the VPN, but the advantage of this approach is you can watch on smartphone or tablet.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 2:54 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by GarryP
You might find this useful : http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/ind...-raspberry-pi/

Of course you still need the VPN, but the advantage of this approach is you can watch on smartphone or tablet.
Interesting. My first Raspberry Pi is on its way.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 2:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by renth
Zulu, check the latest threads on Whirlpool because it looks like the latest Firmware of the WDTV Live determines its location via the IP address and not any kind of hardware geolocation, so things have changed, basically.

One of mine is still playing Netflix and Hulu because I've not updated to the latest firmware. The other one is still in its box because I'm having a hard time finding a particular 60 inch Panasonic plasma I want to plug it in to.
Do you know how to get a VPN to run on a WDTV?
Old Aug 27th 2012, 2:58 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP

Cool, my kind of geekery
Old Aug 27th 2012, 3:14 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Cool, my kind of geekery
The thing that interests me is it already runs xbmc on top of debian, HW accelerated, can accept CEC remote controls, or app based control, and is likely to have PVR functionality soon. Add in download and serving of iplayer and its getting pretty close to a full solution - with a power consumption of about 2.4W, low enough to be left on.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Nb must be devastated this morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.