Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK is not that bad

Wikiposts

UK is not that bad

Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:13 am
Banned

Breezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to all
Default Re: UK is not that bad

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
It was demonstrating irony actually. It was an intended crappy joke to play on the subject matter of this discussion.

We gave the world English but they choose to abuse it. Can't be helped, poor savages..Wot wot...
Surely you know irony isnt a strong point amongst Australians.

Last edited by Breezey; Nov 28th 2005 at 4:26 am.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:14 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, uh, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a, a high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was tired of being stared at.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:14 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Breezey
Surely you know Irony isnt a strong point amongst Australians.
Why did you capitalise "irony"?
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:16 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Oh, ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, uh, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a, a high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was tired of being stared at.
I'm still mulling over my reply for this posting. So many choices for retort but not enough time. I'll get back to you.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:20 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still mulling over my reply for this posting. So many choices for retort but not enough time. I'll get back to you.
Take your time Sherlock. It's a quote, from a film. This one in fact. You probably haven't seen it though, as it's American and we all know how vulgar the Americans are when it comes to the use of the English language.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:24 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by Hutch
Take your time Sherlock. It's a quote, from a film. This one in fact. You probably haven't seen it though, as it's American and we all know how vulgar the Americans are when it comes to the use of the English language.
Actually, on the subject of films "Romper-Stomper" was perhaps one of the most gratuitously violent films I have ever seen and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Russell Crowe didn't even have to get into character.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:42 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: UK is not that bad

Actually, on the subject of films "Romper-Stomper" was perhaps one of the most gratuitously violent films I have ever seen and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Russell Crowe didn't even have to get into character.
LOL, couldn't agree with you more; I liked it so much, I bought the DVD.