Reload this Page >

UK Mum's - Bayside, Brisbane

UK Mum's - Bayside, Brisbane

Old Sep 13th 2007, 5:13 am
Just Joined

ToonArmyLass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Mum's - Bayside, Brisbane

Hi

I run a UK Mum's Group. This was started when my baby was 3 months old - he's now 4. The idea behind it being that we were all in the same boat, so to speak, in that we all had kids and no family/close friends nearby. There's about 30 of us in the group, with over 50 kids.

We meet every 2 weeks on a Friday - the venue varies from meeting at a park (often Wellington Pt or Beth Boyd Park, Thorneside), or at someone's house from 10am until around about lunch-time. Kids ages vary from a few months old up to school age. The majority of us live around the Bayside area of Brisbane, but some from others areas too.

I send an email out to the group the week it's on to remind everyone of the time and place. I like to think the group is quite flexible, in that you can turn up when you want and leave when you want. You don't have to turn up every time, it's entirely up to you. The number of "attendees" can vary from just 3 of us - up to 12 and more. Some Mum's on the email list can only make week-end "events" as they work. Some are "members" from the start (ie 4 years ago), but their kids are now school age so only tend to turn up at school holiday time, but like to stay on the email list to keep up with what we're all up to.

Next catch up is at Wellington Pt on 14 Sept at 10am.

Let me know if anyone's interested in coming along
Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:51 am
Just Joined

mark and jo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Mum's - Bayside, Brisbane

Hi there, I'm Jo, we'll be moving to Victoria Point on 7th October so I'd love to join in when I get there. I've got two young boys aged 2 and 5 months. I'll PM you with my e-mail address so you can add me to your list if you don't mind! Look forward to meeting you all in a month's time
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Thanks Jo - but I can't seem to access my Private Messages. It seems I have to post a few more times before I can access them so I'll think up some more posts!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Hi

Any meet ups during the mid term hols? Kids will be bored silly!!

Tracy
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:18 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

We're from Canada, but I would love to go to some of the meet ups if that's ok. I have two kids, my daughter is almost 4 and my son just turned 1 year old last month.

I'm a stay at home mom so any of the meet ups should work for us. We're in Capalaba but can travel to wherever they may be.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:21 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Hya...I would love to come along...but i am a working mum who has one day off a week which changes weekly! Please let me know when you next intend meeting up as I would love to come along. Shame I missed your last one at the weekend...we came down to Welly Point at about 1.30pm. cheers sarah
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:25 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SarahJane2007
Hya...I would love to come along...but i am a working mum who has one day off a week which changes weekly! Please let me know when you next intend meeting up as I would love to come along. Shame I missed your last one at the weekend...we came down to Welly Point at about 1.30pm. cheers sarah
Hi Sarah,

You're welcome to stop by for a visit on one of your off days. We're in Capalaba now so not too far away.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 5:25 am
Just Joined

vickye50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
We moved to Brisbane last month. I have a daughter who is nearly 3 and we would both love to meet some more people here! I have just sent you a PM to request you put me on the email list. Thanks, Vicky
Old Sep 27th 2007, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Thanks Vicky - sorry I can't reply to your PM as for some reason I can't access them. As I'm new to this site I can't access my PMs as I haven't posted enough.

I'll be in touch very soon (I promise!).
Old Sep 27th 2007, 5:57 am
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by ToonArmyLass
Thanks Vicky - sorry I can't reply to your PM as for some reason I can't access them. As I'm new to this site I can't access my PMs as I haven't posted enough.

I'll be in touch very soon (I promise!).
It sounds like you have to turn on the PM feature.

Click on the "My Porfile" button at the top of the page (under the blue line)

Look on the left hand side of the page. Under the "Settings & Options" tab click on "Edit Options".

Then scroll down the list to the section called "Messaging & Notification". Look for the private messaging section and click on the box that says Enable Private Messaging. You also might want to set it up so that you get emailed when you have messages or replies (located at the top of the page).

In case I didn't PM you add us to the list too.

Last edited by comet555; Sep 27th 2007 at 6:01 am.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 6:14 am
Just Joined

thanks for that!

It seemed to be something to do with the amount of "posts" I'd done as now that I've done over 3 posts I can access them no problem.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 6:19 am
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by ToonArmyLass
thanks for that!

It seemed to be something to do with the amount of "posts" I'd done as now that I've done over 3 posts I can access them no problem.
Wow, I think I've been on this site too long I forgot about that, I remember the day when I had no idea what a PM was! I was well beyond 3 posts by the time I needed to know how to get a PM.

Glad you got it all sorted out though.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:00 am
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by vickye50
Hi there
We moved to Brisbane last month. I have a daughter who is nearly 3 and we would both love to meet some more people here! I have just sent you a PM to request you put me on the email list. Thanks, Vicky
What suburb are you in? My daughter will be 4 in December and she could use another little girl to play with since my 1 year old boy doesn't quite cut it
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:14 am
Just Joined

vickye50 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in Mount Ommaney (south west)...It's a nice area.. but still had a moan to my husband yesterday that all the other expats seem to be living nearer the coast! Do have a car though so would love to meet up some time. Will send you a PM Comet555
Old Sep 28th 2007, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Any dates been arranged yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.