Reload this Page >

Uk Medical Records

Uk Medical Records

Old Feb 12th 2005, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

FITCHETT FAMILY will become famous soon enough
Default Uk Medical Records

Hi
can any1 tell us if , when you leave the UK you need to bring your doctors and dental records with you.
Cheers Damian
Old Feb 12th 2005, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice
Default Re: Uk Medical Records

If anyone is replying and the answer is yes could you tell me how do we go about requesting them and is there a charge thanks Mary
Old Feb 12th 2005, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by marysidey
If anyone is replying and the answer is yes could you tell me how do we go about requesting them and is there a charge thanks Mary
Hi Mary,
I'm not sure about Doctors records, but dental records you can get a photocopy for about £10. Thats from our dentist whether it's the same everywhere I'm not sure! Hope this helps!
Marie
Old Feb 12th 2005, 9:03 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about dental records but we're about to get our records from the gp. We were told the charges are £10 per person but they will do us a discount as there's 5 of us.

Some people have said not to bother getting medical records...think if you have any major history then it's worthwhile. If you have kids tho its essential to get proof of their vaccinations as they wont accept them into school with out them.

Petra
Old Feb 12th 2005, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

I know that you can get a printout of the kids' vaccination records from your GP and that is essential for their new school.

Sue

P.S. Mary, have a great holiday and give us a full de-brief when you get back.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 6:29 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FITCHETT FAMILY
Hi
can any1 tell us if , when you leave the UK you need to bring your doctors and dental records with you.
Cheers Damian
You are legally entitled to get copies of them.
Dental - I wouldn't worry about as your new dentist will prefer to take his own X-rays and start afresh.
Doctor - some will refuse, some will charge. If they refuse (or not) youy can always contact your AHB (Area Health Borad) who will definitely send you a copy, they make a nominal charge.
Never been asked to show doctors records or kids vaccinations despite much paperwork saying you need them.

Andrew