Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK male 35 looking for sponsor

UK male 35 looking for sponsor

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

terence 35 is just really niceterence 35 is just really niceterence 35 is just really niceterence 35 is just really niceterence 35 is just really niceterence 35 is just really niceterence 35 is just really niceterence 35 is just really nice
Default UK male 35 looking for sponsor

Hi , iam a 35 year old male wall and floor tiler in the process of emigrating on a 457 visa or 119 ens but need a job offer just thought id post it on hear in the small hope someone No's someone who can help looking at Melbourne or nsw area! iam fully qualified and have my suitcase already packed
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK male 35 looking for sponsor

I wouldnt hold out a lot of hope for the sponsered route. You might be better to go down other way. Sponserships are pretty tough to get. The majority who do are white collar occupations or medical and teaching
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 6:52 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by verystormy
I wouldnt hold out a lot of hope for the sponsered route. You might be better to go down other way. Sponserships are pretty tough to get. The majority who do are white collar occupations or medical and teaching
Hi
Sorry to put water on your fire but i was talking to a tiler only last week and he has not got much work on and when he has the company he works for only can give him one house at a time and their is no guarantee that he will get another when he has finished that.Im afraid that if you do get a sponsor in that trade then it would be like winning the lottery (very rare)
sorry to be truthfull but building is slowing down
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 9:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by terence 35
Hi , iam a 35 year old male wall and floor tiler in the process of emigrating on a 457 visa or 119 ens but need a job offer just thought id post it on hear in the small hope someone No's someone who can help looking at Melbourne or nsw area! iam fully qualified and have my suitcase already packed
You're highly unlikely to find a sponsor for work as a tiler. There are stacks 'on the ground' so to speak looking for work. No employer in their right mind would take on someone overseas when they can pick and choose from 'locals'. Can you try another route?
Old Aug 5th 2010, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Davesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to all

Hi Terence

Keep looking mate , i'm a tiler too and having done a bit of research and actually spoken to a top contactor , they have a lot of metres coming up and will be looking for British tilers as their skills are high and ' English ' is good

This particular contractor was in Perth so i'm not sure about the East . I actually have ben offered some work in Karatha through this site .

Good luck bro
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Time to meet an Aussie girl I fear. Not many in Newcastle, you'll have to move to Acton or Willesden Green.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 12:38 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

As the poster above said, get down to Redback pub in Acton or the Walkabout in Shepherds Bush and try and pick up a drunk Aussie girl - there will be plenty, and if I can do it anyone can!
Old Aug 12th 2010, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

terence 35 is just really niceterence 35 is just really niceterence 35 is just really niceterence 35 is just really niceterence 35 is just really niceterence 35 is just really niceterence 35 is just really niceterence 35 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Amazulu
As the poster above said, get down to Redback pub in Acton or the Walkabout in Shepherds Bush and try and pick up a drunk Aussie girl - there will be plenty, and if I can do it anyone can!
Ha Ha ! i actually used to work close to Sheperds bush and have been there !!
Old Aug 12th 2010, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Davesax
Hi Terence

Keep looking mate , i'm a tiler too and having done a bit of research and actually spoken to a top contactor , they have a lot of metres coming up and will be looking for British tilers as their skills are high and ' English ' is good

This particular contractor was in Perth so i'm not sure about the East . I actually have ben offered some work in Karatha through this site .

Good luck bro
Hi mate ! ive been to oz over Xmas for 6 weeks and didn't want to come back to the UK to be honest ! noticed a lot of construction going on and adverts for tilers on agency's windows etc , i understand its slowed down a bit but as u say it will pick up again in Perth ! I've got my AQF3 plus NVQ2 etc and was hoping to be in oz on a 457 visa B4 Xmas I've spent a ridiculous amount of money and iam not gonna give up until i get a sponsor even if it means flying out there again thanks for the advice mate. p.s pass any info on jobs anywhere in oz and let me no if you get work in perth
Old Aug 12th 2010, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You're highly unlikely to find a sponsor for work as a tiler. There are stacks 'on the ground' so to speak looking for work. No employer in their right mind would take on someone overseas when they can pick and choose from 'locals'. Can you try another route?
Hi moneypenny ! was hoping to get into oz asap as iam getting on a bit and other routes may take up to 2 years
Old Aug 12th 2010, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Trevski
Hi
Sorry to put water on your fire but i was talking to a tiler only last week and he has not got much work on and when he has the company he works for only can give him one house at a time and their is no guarantee that he will get another when he has finished that.Im afraid that if you do get a sponsor in that trade then it would be like winning the lottery (very rare)
sorry to be truthfull but building is slowing down
OH NO !!! appreciate your honesty... thanks !
Old Aug 12th 2010, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by verystormy
Thanks ! iam off to a expo in London soon ran by the Australian government to target skilled workers so hopefully it will lead me somewhere ?
Old Aug 12th 2010, 11:59 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi moneypenny ! was hoping to get into oz asap as iam getting on a bit and other routes may take up to 2 years
I know the permanent residence route takes a lot longer but it is worth it in the end as you will not have all the restrictions/issues that being on a 457 can have.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 3:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I know the permanent residence route takes a lot longer but it is worth it in the end as you will not have all the restrictions/issues that being on a 457 can have.
I don't know the full ins and outs but I'd have thought it would be unlikely for a tiler to get sponsored for a 457. They are all (for the most part) casual workers or self employed. It's far easier and cheaper to have your tilers on casual so as soon as work dries up a bit, you lay them off at no cost. They wouldn't sponsor someone for a permanent contract, be too expensive for them.