Reload this Page >

The UK - Learn to Love it.

Wikiposts

The UK - Learn to Love it.

Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

bleugh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The UK - Learn to Love it.

the UK is a fantastically beautiful place to live, to visit, to walk around, it's very scenic in some areas

.........trouble is, you have to have a LOT of money to live here and not suffer the increasing indignity of modern life here :-(

.......the attitude of the general populace is changing to aggressive, everyone seems so quick to get aggressive of late..........my big bugbear is people in posh cars 'stealing' parking spaces, 3 times in the past year, and believe me, I managed to make two of them reverse back out and bugger off, the third had to go and buy a footpump and spend half hour pumping his tyres up, it was hilarious, he won't do that again in a hurry.

........day to day life here is quite a chore, you work 9-5, nothing's open on a saturday, so when exactly do the banks expect you to pay cheques in?,
how exactly do the government expect you to tax your car when you dont get the reminder till 3 days before and cant get to the post office till the weekend - AFTER your disc has expired :-(

............reading the papers and the news is depressing, nothing but BAD, BAD and more BAD

........actually seeing with my own eyes the sheer scale of the immigration in croydon (walking around there, honestly, about 3/4 of people are of what used to b called an ethnic minority, and more than half of those certainly didnt speak anything resembling english there), manchester, birmingham, bristol, and increasingly Newport, fortunatley, the town where i live is only Just starting to be affected, and i'm off

i'm sick of paying so much bloody tax and getting nothing back!
i'm sick of a government that decides it can prop up pet projects and the NHS with lottery money, intended for projetcs decided by the entire nation

Oz is better in some respects and worse in others, it's the same sh@t, just the bucket's a bit shinier :-)

http://cgi3.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....&userid=bleugh

Last edited by bleugh; Oct 11th 2005 at 3:43 am.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:26 am
Meow!

TigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud of

Nice one Professional Princess

Totally agree.

The UK seasons, love all of em!

The height of summer, walking through grass up to your waist, swallows, bumble bees, long evenings and country pubs.

Snow...cold, crisp, fab!

Great thread!

TigerFeet
Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

debbo will become famous soon enoughdebbo will become famous soon enough

You made me cry!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Everyone knows that with Abdel and myself and our migration application, that it's two steps forward and 6 back.

I personally cannot wait to start a new life and embrace another culture because most of us know that Australia does indeed have it's own culture.

But I don't want to leave the UK with bad feeling either because a burned bridge can't be recrossed.

Anyway, I got up this morning and pissed off my whippet as I dragged her out of her warm bed and convinced her that yes, she really did need to go out for a pee.

Walk/limp down the road which I normally do every day but this morning it seemed different.

'Morning Sam' our friendly postman yelled from over the road. Bless him, he reminds me of 'Noddy' and although he looks a plonker in his blue shorts and stubby legs, he is a lovely guy.

'Morning chunky' My whippet Rema yells at him. She has a ritual of barking and shouting abuse at him.

The air was crisp and fresh and really quite invigorating as it filled my nostrils and even my bad tempered dog had a spring in her step as the squirrels stuck two fingers at her and yelled 'slapper' as she trotted past.

The leaves were golden brown on the floor and crunched under my feet, even the bare trees looked quite nice too.

Blue sky and sunshine could have fooled anyone into thinking it was warmer than what it was.

'Morning Sam, Hi Rema!' came a familiar voice. It was my mate who worked in the office and always came out to see my little dog. I often used her office to do photocopying.

Waving good morning to our local shop keeper, he grinned at me and even my dog wagged her tail in acknowledgment.

All these little things that I never normally notice, take for granted and although I look at them, I don't 'see' them if you know what I mean.

IF we ever get to Australia, I am so glad that today, someone 'switched the lights' on to the beauty of where I live, the friendlieness of the locals and how every morning is a good one.

I am looking out of my window now watching the birds on the trees. My flat is small, in bad repair but its clean and tidy and it's my home - for now.

So whilst you await your new life, take a long look at your old one. Go outside and REALLY look at your surroundings.

Notice things you never have before, and when your time does come to move to Australia, you will at least know that the life you left wasn't all that bad at all.

In fact, in its own way, it was quite beautiful.

Good luck everyone.
hi there,well done on a lovely thread,have you ever thought on writing a novel,think about it.hope all goes well for you ,you sound like the type of person who is grateful for being alive.well done sandra.xx
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:27 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I have just done 5 hours studying and I still havent finished.

So talking of appreciating what we have, a steaming mug of tea and BE look mighty fine at the moment.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 7:30 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbo
You made me cry!
You better keep away from the "my fluffy rabbit just died" tread