Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK to Kuala Lumpur to Perth?

UK to Kuala Lumpur to Perth?

Old Dec 14th 2008, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

BudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura about
Question UK to Kuala Lumpur to Perth?

Hi all,

During a random conversation last night, we were told by someone that they read in the Telegraph recently that, as from next year, you'll be able to get cheap flights (approx £100) from Bristol Airport (UK) to Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and you'll be able to get another cheap flight (approx £100) from there to Perth, Australia.

Is this 'bs' or has anyone else heard about this? Seemed a little too accurate for 'bs' although it does sound too good to be true.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all
Default Re: UK to Kuala Lumpur to Perth?

I really hope its true,, we could come out nxt yr for a reccie then!

Bluekipper
Old Dec 14th 2008, 3:43 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BudBrain
Hi all,

During a random conversation last night, we were told by someone that they read in the Telegraph recently that, as from next year, you'll be able to get cheap flights (approx £100) from Bristol Airport (UK) to Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and you'll be able to get another cheap flight (approx £100) from there to Perth, Australia.

Is this 'bs' or has anyone else heard about this? Seemed a little too accurate for 'bs' although it does sound too good to be true.
I think its Stansted, not Bristol. AirAsia X already flies from Perth to KL, and in March is starting KL to Stansted flights.

http://www.airasia.com/

You will almost certainly pay more then GBP200 as you have to add on charges for everything...food, baggage, seat assingments etc. There was a thread a few weeks ago discussing this so have a search for it - there are some gotchas you should be aware of.

I just flew AirAsia from Gold Coast to KL on Thursday - the flight itself was fine, however the low cost terminal at KL was shocking. Horrendous queues for everything......and I was told it was actually quite a good day. The whole place was just a mass of OHS incidents waiting to happen!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:36 am
Just Joined

tohca1 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's correct about Air Asia. In fact I'd advise you to register yourself at their website and get regular updates and offers. They regularly offer free flights.

If you'd like to know a little more about Malaysia, check out this site

http://www.malaysian-explorer.com

Cheers!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Also if you wanted to take anything more than hand luggage, the price soon shot up!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Pay the extra and fly with Singapore. For such a long flight you don't want any extra stress that would come with one of those cheap flights.

Singapore are fantastic, and worth every penny.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 7:40 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Pay the extra and fly with Singapore. For such a long flight you don't want any extra stress that would come with one of those cheap flights.

Singapore are fantastic, and worth every penny.
Or pay a little less extra and fly Malaysian!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Rideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the rough

I have been to Kuala Lumpur a couple of times and I think it is one of the best cities in the world. I would recommend the Swiss Garden Hotel which is close to the bus station and a short walk from the shopping plazas.

For about £5-10 you can take a coach from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur.