British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   UK INVESTMENT ACCOUNT (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/uk-investment-account-921474/)

Reasonable Jan 27th 2019 2:04 am

UK INVESTMENT ACCOUNT

Does anyone know of any UK operation that will allow an investment account to be opened for a non-UK resident?

rammygirl Jan 27th 2019 10:53 am

Re: UK INVESTMENT ACCOUNT

Offshore Stirling accounts based in Channel Oslands maybe. Do you mean cash accounts or shares?

Ziggy75 Feb 7th 2019 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Reasonable (Post 12627878)
Does anyone know of any UK operation that will allow an investment account to be opened for a non-UK resident?

fundsmith will open accounts for non residents but you can only access fundsmith equity fund. It’s an equity fund so higher risk which you can contribute lump sums and regular payments. They have a user manual on their website which is very useful. It’s one of the top ranking funds in the global equity benchmark.

try Internaxx which is a Lux based trading acc for expats with access to mutual fund, ETF’s and most of the top stock exchanges in the world.

Why soecifically do you want to open an UK investment account?

Reasonable Feb 7th 2019 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Ziggy75 (Post 12633585)

fundsmith will open accounts for non residents but you can only access fundsmith equity fund. It’s an equity fund so higher risk which you can contribute lump sums and regular payments. They have a user manual on their website which is very useful. It’s one of the top ranking funds in the global equity benchmark.

try Internaxx which is a Lux based trading acc for expats with access to mutual fund, ETF’s and most of the top stock exchanges in the world.

Why soecifically do you want to open an UK investment account?

Thanks for that. I'll check them out. The reason is that my pension is in GBP and I invest with Hargreaves lansdown but they will not let me add to existing investments.

JPOC Feb 9th 2019 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by Reasonable (Post 12633602)
Thanks for that. I'll check them out. The reason is that my pension is in GBP and I invest with Hargreaves lansdown but they will not let me add to existing investments.

Ah as it's for pensions, It's the trustees who are the key. Nether Internaxx or Fundsmith are trustees. While you can access Fundsmiths funds from most platforms (though HL were rumoured to be removing them as "apparently" fundsmith won't discount their fund to allow HL to charge their clients the standard fee and keep the difference)

HL and most other providers will restrict what a non resident of the UK and EEA can do such as buy and sell investments as they are not licensed in the members country of residence. This is an issue for all HL clients in Australia, who declare they live here.

There are options but it depends on your pension(s) and what your objectives and plans are. In the interests of transparency I'm licensed to give pension and investment advice both here and in the UK. You're welcome to send me a PM. I'm not touting for business, if I can offer some simple guidance I'm happy to do so.

I might contact the administrators about posting some blogs/how top guide for people in Australia with UK pensions/investments/property.

JPOC Feb 9th 2019 11:14 pm

I’ve somehow managed to set up two user profile so Ziiggy75 and I are one of the same. Depends on which device I log in from as to which profile I’m posting under. I’ve posted in the help section to try and get the accounts merged.