Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Housing Market well on the way to recovery

UK Housing Market well on the way to recovery

Old Apr 16th 2010, 4:10 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of
Default UK Housing Market well on the way to recovery

"The number of prospective buyers went up by 7% last month."

"Sales have also risen, the NAEA said, from an average of 6.8 per branch in February to eight last month."
"This month's figures reveal an increase in the levels of housing stock with more properties available for sale per branch - the highest value recorded over the last six months," the NAEA said.
"More house-hunters also registered their interest. With the bad weather now behind us buyers and sellers alike are returning to the market with a renewed vigour," it added.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8622662.stm

Of course it could all be just spin.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: UK Housing Market well on the way to recovery

Originally Posted by coolshadows
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8622662.stm

Of course it could all be just spin.
Well I saw this spun a different way i.e. more people desperate to sell before the election.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 5:15 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by isgraham
Well I saw this spun a different way i.e. more people desperate to sell before the election.
plenty of people are desperate to sell, it's the fact there are buyers now.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

There will always be houses that have been on the market for months (MIL house in Wales) and houses that are selling on the same day the agent comes to value it . We live in the SE and there are definitely more sold signs than for sale signs at the moment but I do think we are naturally in a 'selling' time ie Spring and people would like to sell before the election.

Good Luck to all selling !
Old Apr 16th 2010, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Or how about rather than people wanting to sell before the election, current government wanting people to think that things are improving before the election?
Old Apr 16th 2010, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
Or how about rather than people wanting to sell before the election, current government wanting people to think that things are improving before the election?

Maybe so - all I can say is things HAVE definitely improved in our area - we have never sold as quick as this time at above asking price - our problem is now there is a lack of property on the market to buy (a good problem).