Reload this Page >

UK housing market

UK housing market

Old Oct 26th 2004, 4:57 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down UK housing market

You expect it to be good? You're idiots, it is getting bad and will be a lot worse soon.

4-5 years of a poor housing market looms.

All the previous housing market bubbles have ended in the bubble bursting - why do you think this time will be different?
Old Oct 26th 2004, 4:59 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK housing market

Originally Posted by Don
You expect it to be good? You're idiots, it is getting bad and will be a lot worse soon.

All the previous housing market bubbles have ended in the bubble bursting - why do you think this time will be different?

Don

Do you think i should sell up now and rent till i go?

I wasnt planning on going till 2006 and thought it might brighten up again by then, now i am scared...........

laura
x
Old Oct 26th 2004, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

shol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Don

What qualifies you to comment then Don?
Old Oct 26th 2004, 5:10 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don

And who made you the expert on British Housing considering you live in Europe?

Dons usual words of encouragement?

Most people know the market is poor, we dont need it continually rammed down our throats.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 5:11 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Don

Hi Don,
Have just reduced ours by a few k to see if we can get anyone through the door. My dad wants us to take the equity from the house and swap to a buy to rent mortgage. I know why he is suggesting this, it's a back up plan in case things go t**s up. I don't want the hassle that goes with buy to rent and when we go it's for good. Maybe we should lop a few more k off.
Sarah
Old Oct 26th 2004, 5:43 pm

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad

Most people know the market is poor, we dont need it continually rammed down our throats.

surely if people keep saying house market will crash then people will stop buying and they will crash????

So i am gonna start the rumour now that they are gonna rise again, so better get on the ladder now while you can peps!!!!!!!

Spread the word folks LOL

laura
Old Oct 26th 2004, 6:16 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by madsad

Forgive me, didn't want to be the messenger of doom or anything like that, just wanted to help everybody come to terms with the fact the happy days are over.

Actually, MADSAD, not sure too many people have come to terms with the current state of the UK housing mkt yet.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
surely if people keep saying house market will crash then people will stop buying and they will crash????

So i am gonna start the rumour now that they are gonna rise again, so better get on the ladder now while you can peps!!!!!!!

Spread the word folks LOL

laura

Good idea laura i,ll start the rumour in work so hopefully half of manchester will be convinced by Friday LOL
Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:21 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Yep, it's the self-fulfilling prophecy.... Now if the money lenders and solicitors pull their fingers out this week, I won't have any property to worry about losing money on!
Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Good idea laura i,ll start the rumour in work so hopefully half of manchester will be convinced by Friday LOL

GO Dave!

See how long it takes before it reaches Teesside
Old Oct 26th 2004, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Its nearly November it always slows down hang on in there. I am with laura and dave people are just waiting to get Christmas over then it will all pick up again just a matter of time
Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:17 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marysidey
Its nearly November it always slows down hang on in there. I am with laura and dave people are just waiting to get Christmas over then it will all pick up again just a matter of time
For when the effects of a $56 dollar barrel of oil kick in along with interest rate rises.

First time buyers are priced out of the market and rental returns are poor. This all points to a stuck market. Traditionally the market picks up in spring, not after everyone blows their cash on Xmas.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:35 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Too late for me then - I shall be going to Aus in January with my futile belongings wrapped up in a spotted hanky, with a few of quid in my pocket of my worn-out jeans.
Then say 'sod it' and travel around and soak up the sun for two weeks or so before I start my new job.
Anyone feel sorry for me?
Cas
ps Oh, forgot I'll have my credit card too!
Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:46 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Too late for me then - I shall be going to Aus in January with my futile belongings wrapped up in a spotted hanky, with a few of quid in my pocket of my worn-out jeans.
Then say 'sod it' and travel around and soak up the sun for two weeks or so before I start my new job.
Anyone feel sorry for me?
Cas
ps Oh, forgot I'll have my credit card too!
In 97 I arrived on the WHV with 800 GBP student overdraft after 6 weeks travelling through Asia. Luckily in addition to worn out jeans I bought some shirts and trousers in Bangkok and got work straight away in Sydney.

In 2002 I arrived with enough savings for a comfortable start but I am still priced out of property.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats correct after christmas when people have caned the credit cards, due to having to keep up apperances of affluence, they will then go and buy a house that is at historically high levels, also with rising interest rates.

Don is correct on this one
The Uk housing market is stuffed.

First time buyers CANNOT enter the market, in London they have been prevented from for 3 years minimum. Now they rest of the UK is in the same boat.

Traditional "climbers" up the ladder are unable to do so due to the stupid prices of houses. Five years back where I am someone could upgrade from a terrace to a three bed semi for about 30K now it is about 70/80K.

For all of those who bought years back, see if you could afford your house NOW at current PRICES on your wages.

Housing is unaffordable, a correction is already underway. Anyone selling now should slash 20% off what they think it is "worth" in order to get a quick sale. The boom days are long gone, people need to accept this and move on.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/

Last edited by eatstatic; Oct 26th 2004 at 11:17 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.