Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Housing Market

UK Housing Market

Old May 28th 2003, 7:18 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Housing Market

For those fellow nail-biters out there waiting to sell your house. A bit of cheery news. I don't know about anyone else but the market in our area seems to have picked up big-time in the last couple of weeks. We've had 10 viewings in a week. Estate Agent says that new buyers registering has out-stripped new instructions for the first time this year. If that trend continues, property will not take too long to sell. Hang in there!!

Andy
Old May 28th 2003, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep

let,s keep our fingers crossed...

booboo
Old May 29th 2003, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Housing Market

Originally posted by Andy_Hanrahan
For those fellow nail-biters out there waiting to sell your house. A bit of cheery news. I don't know about anyone else but the market in our area seems to have picked up big-time in the last couple of weeks. We've had 10 viewings in a week. Estate Agent says that new buyers registering has out-stripped new instructions for the first time this year. If that trend continues, property will not take too long to sell. Hang in there!!

Andy

Perhaps buyers were holding back waiting for a big crash. With interest rates low and may go lower, the crash won't happen it just means stagnation of slight decreases, thats what I hope. I've reduced my house price 15k and won't go any lower as its very competively priced in a sought after area. The more I drop its price the less money to take and I'm not going to get an opportunity to cash in like this again for many years I think.

So I hope your right and its picks up a bit
Old May 29th 2003, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Andy,

Fingers crossed for you chuck. we hope to put ours on the market at the end of July.

C
Old May 29th 2003, 12:06 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

We are currently in rented accomodation and our house is 5 hours drive away with tenants living in it. (Long story). The tenants are supposed to move out in September when their 6 month lease runs out.

Just had a call from them last night to say they would like to end the lease early - 7th June to be precise! Needless to say I jumped at their offer so we can get the house on the market in June and get it sold (hopefully) before (or if) we move to Oz!

Houses in the area seem to be going very fast, so fingers crossed we will be lucky.

Good luck to everyone else trying to flog a house

Mel

PS if any of you change your minds about going down under there is a beautiful 2 bed bungalow for sale on the northern tip of Scotland. What the area lacks in sun and culture, it makes up for in wind! Anyone....?
Old May 29th 2003, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

never really slacked here - i put house on amrket friay for the 2nd time round and i had 10 viewings on saturday - had 2 offers in by end of day and they were scrapping over it - sold subject to contract