Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK house prices fall by record 3.6% in a MONTH!

UK house prices fall by record 3.6% in a MONTH!

Old Nov 1st 2010, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK house prices fall by record 3.6% in a MONTH!

What happened there I seem to have jumped on to or added to a thread ?
Old Nov 1st 2010, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Don_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really nice

Hometrack data just out shows a similar trend.

01/11/10
House prices dip in October, first y/y fall since January

(Reuters) - House prices in England and Wales dipped 0.1 percent in October from a year earlier, a survey by property data firm Hometrack showed on Monday, giving the first year-on-year fall since January.

Hometrack, which asks estate agents and surveyors to give achievable selling prices for different types of homes in every post code in England and Wales, said prices were down 0.9 percent on the month -- the biggest monthly drop since January 2009.

The monthly figures are not adjusted to take account of seasonal trends in the housing market.

The average house price in England Wales has now fallen for four consecutive months to stand at 156,200 pounds, the lowest since September 2009.

The figures concur with other housing market surveys showing a broad slowdown in activity and prices. Analysts expect a further decline ahead as the economy slows into next year when hefty government spending cuts and tax rises start to bite.

"Further price falls are inevitable in the run up to Christmas and are likely to continue to fall into the first half of 2011," said Hometrack's director of research Richard Donnell.

"A stand off is beginning to emerge between buyers waiting for prices to fall further and sellers being unrealistic on the price they're willing to accept."

Donnell said there had been a 14 percent increase in homes coming onto the market in the last six months while demand had fallen 8 percent.

Hometrack's survey covered more than 5,100 estate agents and surveyors.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE6A000720101101
Old Nov 1st 2010, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

I have just brought a 2 bed onsweet flat in uk as an investment plus houses are selling no problem in my area.[/QUOTE]

We live in the same town. I put in a cash offer for two properties last week. One 25% above asking price and the other just above asking and didn't get either of them. I know the 2nd property went for 20% above.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
Yes and good advice to anyone emmigrating right now, don't sell, rent it out, and pay off the mortgage with strong Aussie dollars, the UK housing market may well dip for a while, but unless you've bought very recently you're likely to still be up on the value. If more people are putting off buying a house in the UK, that's more demand for rentals. You can't lose really, every cloud has a silver lining.
Thats why I have just brought in uk.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Reading fan
I have just brought a 2 bed onsweet flat in uk as an investment plus houses are selling no problem in my area.

We live in the same town. I put in a cash offer for two properties last week. One 25% above asking price and the other just above asking and didn't get either of them. I know the 2nd property went for 20% above.[/QUOTE]

If there was an area to invest at the moment Newbury is the place to be. I have invested in Newury as oz at the moment to move to is suicidle if you have money. In 5 years or less just watch this area explode in vestments.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Don_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Don_Angel

The average house price in England Wales has now fallen for four consecutive months to stand at 156,200 pounds, the lowest since September 2009.
To quote my own post

That's $253,044 in $Aussie at todays rate. Should get you a nice shed somewhere in the outback
Old Nov 1st 2010, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

To quote my own post

That's $253,044 in $Aussie at todays rate. Should get you a nice shed somewhere in the outback
Here's a "nice shed" I inspected a few months ago. Six hundred and forty acres, surrounded by State Forests, with a liveable house, permanent water and with power and phone installed. Only twenty minutes from Parkes CBD.

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/Fo...did=2008036657

I've just completed on a quarter acre block with 40 ft of lake frontage, less than 2 hours from Sydney for less than A$ 250K.

Australia.......live it and love it
Old Nov 1st 2010, 10:27 am
Just Joined

arigold is an unknown quantity at this point

i think it depends where your house is really
Old Nov 1st 2010, 10:54 am
ABCDiamond

To quote my own post

or nearly a 2 bed house in Shailer Park 29 km to Brisbane CBD

Old Nov 1st 2010, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
or nearly a 2 bed house in Shailer Park 29 km to Brisbane CBD
You took your time That house sold for $290,000, Ok not too bad for an outer Brisbane suburb but still way above UK average of $253,044
Old Nov 1st 2010, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Robbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really nice

I don't think you can compare Brissy prices with the rest of the UK.I don't think you could get a 1 bed bedsit in London for that price lol and with the exchange rate over valued at the moment,But if the exchange rate was $2.50 it would be a different case.

House's are selling here we sold our house just thank god lol. The Banks just don't want to give their money away weell our money lol.

I just hope when we move in April the exchange rate will be better for us
Old Nov 1st 2010, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

zambezi15 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by freebo
The British (european) economy is indeed in a sad, sad state, although the govt is doinf the right thing in my opinion. The US economy is also in a sad, sad state, maybe even worse.

The Chinese economy depends on exporting to the USA and the Europe, and are the biggest buyers of Australian raw materials, you can join the dots from there.
Like minded thinker
Old Nov 1st 2010, 2:35 pm
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eugene43
I have just brought a 2 bed onsweet flat in uk as an investment plus houses are selling no problem in my area.
onsweet ...? Are you sure you know what you're buying
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:57 pm
ABCDiamond

You took your time That house sold for $290,000, Ok not too bad for an outer Brisbane suburb but still way above UK average of $253,044
For comparison...
What is the UK price for a similar HOUSE about 30 minutes from something like Surfers Paradise ?

House details:
2 Bedrooms,
1 Bathroom
2 toilets
Stunning Front Courtyard
Roomy Rear Courtyard
Open Plan Lounge/Dining
Open Plan Kitchen with Servery
Master Bedroom with Balcony
Fresh Paint & New Carpet
C-bus & Smart Wiring
Dishwasher
Fully Fenced
Remote Garage
Something like this... - 2 bedroom terraced house http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/det...40097b3c6034f2 for £159,950 in Brighton

What does the average UK house look like for £156,200 ?

Old Nov 2nd 2010, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I am glad you posted that link. Zoopla.co.uk is new to me but it seems very good, lots of useful info and well laid out. Better than righmove and way better than the likes of Domain we get here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.