UK house Prices

Old Feb 24th 2003, 3:45 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK house Prices

Looks like an Arab bashing war is not good for prices of homes , well its hoping its a long one and the rubber dollar bonces back (some hope there) , heres to you good people putting your homes on the market bigger the supply of housing stock on the market the more it will drive prices down god bless you.

Worries about a war with Iraq have cast a cloud over the housing market, with no evidence of a spring revival in sight, according to a survey today.
The average house price rose just 0.1% this month, though prices in some London boroughs have fallen by up to 0.5%, said website Hometrack, which uses data from 4,000 estate agents.

This is the third month in a row that prices have risen by 0.1%, and shows the steady decline in the rate of house price growth since May's peak of 2%. The price of the average London house has not increased since October.

John Wriglesworth, Hometrack's housing economist, said continued uncertainty and worries concerning the possible war "cannot be positive for the housing market". He added: "Fear encourages people to stay put rather than move house. I do not expect to see any significant increase in the market until a resolution to the conflict is apparent."

The slowdown has mostly been due to a drop in the price of more expensive homes in London and the south-east.

Ten London boroughs reported house price falls this month, with the biggest declines seen in Islington and Hammersmith & Fulham (both down 0.5%), the City of London (down 0.4%) and Wandsworth (down 0.3%).

Outside the capital, the highest price rises occurred in East Sussex (0.9%), Cumbria (0.6%) and South Yorkshire (0.5%).The figures suggested there would be little or no recovery in house prices over the coming months, added Mr Wriglesworth. However, his organisation still predicts average prices will end this year up 4%. London prices are expected to fall 5%.

Old Feb 24th 2003, 5:25 am
pankala

Default Re: UK house Prices

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Outside the capital, the highest price rises occurred in East Sussex (0.9%), Cumbria (0.6%) and South Yorkshire (0.5%).The figures suggested there would be little or no recovery in house prices over the coming months, added Mr Wriglesworth. However, his organisation still predicts average prices will end this year up 4%. London prices are expected to fall 5%.
Lord Chancellor near Bankrupt; Blames Falling Pound, House Prices

BRITAIN’S highest-paid politician, the £184,000-a-year Lord Chancellor, “set the heather on fire� in a Scottish village when he held up the queue at the local Co-op to argue about a £1 dividend.

Old Feb 24th 2003, 5:43 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pankala
Lord Chancellor near Bankrupt; Blames Falling Pound, House Prices

BRITAIN’S highest-paid politician, the £184,000-a-year Lord Chancellor, “set the heather on fire� in a Scottish village when he held up the queue at the local Co-op to argue about a £1 dividend.

Hope this guy is not a Jock himself you could be in deep water here with the hoards up north.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Feb 24th 2003 at 5:49 am.
Old Feb 24th 2003, 12:32 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

PB, I would be very wary of taking too much notice of these cut 'n' paste articles that you love so much. not only do different surveys give conflicting results, but they have been known to be way off the mark recently. They were predicting a crash last year. Instead, prices rose by 23%.

Everyone was expecting prices to slow down this year, War or no war. so this is nothing new. 0.1% may be tiny, but it's still a rise. Never mind. With your "Rubber dollar" as you call it, you should still be able to buy an outside toilet in the UK.

Andy
Looks like an Arab bashing war is not good for prices of homes , well its hoping its a long one and the rubber dollar bonces back (some hope there) , heres to you good people putting your homes on the market bigger the supply of housing stock on the market the more it will drive prices down god bless you.

Worries about a war with Iraq have cast a cloud over the housing market, with no evidence of a spring revival in sight, according to a survey today.
The average house price rose just 0.1% this month, though prices in some London boroughs have fallen by up to 0.5%, said website Hometrack, which uses data from 4,000 estate agents.

This is the third month in a row that prices have risen by 0.1%, and shows the steady decline in the rate of house price growth since May's peak of 2%. The price of the average London house has not increased since October.

John Wriglesworth, Hometrack's housing economist, said continued uncertainty and worries concerning the possible war "cannot be positive for the housing market". He added: "Fear encourages people to stay put rather than move house. I do not expect to see any significant increase in the market until a resolution to the conflict is apparent."

The slowdown has mostly been due to a drop in the price of more expensive homes in London and the south-east.

Ten London boroughs reported house price falls this month, with the biggest declines seen in Islington and Hammersmith & Fulham (both down 0.5%), the City of London (down 0.4%) and Wandsworth (down 0.3%).

Old Feb 24th 2003, 11:45 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Andy_Hanrahan
PB, I would be very wary of taking too much notice of these cut 'n' paste articles that you love so much. not only do different surveys give conflicting results, but they have been known to be way off the mark recently. They were predicting a crash last year. Instead, prices rose by 23%.

Everyone was expecting prices to slow down this year, War or no war. so this is nothing new. 0.1% may be tiny, but it's still a rise. Never mind. With your "Rubber dollar" as you call it, you should still be able to buy an outside toilet in the UK.

Andy
Bugger me I will not be able to buy a terrace home like I have here , look home prices in Perth went up by upto 30% in some areas mine about 20% and location counts new flats in the city with river views are a Million dollars plus top price $55 million for a new home being built now, in an auction on an outer town suburb at the weekend land went for $2000 per sq metre if it was near the city times that by 4.
The small town I live in Joondalup has loads of dog box flats going up in the CBD which start at $230K for 2 bedrooms and thats 30km from Perth CBD with only one freeway that choked in rush hour.
The main differance is pay levels are less here and tax is far worse plus interest rates higher so suburbian homes are in line with earnings .
The prices in the UK varies far more than here and travel is much shorter had we stopped in the UK we would have had far more value in our home and in a better location than we are in now .

Old Feb 25th 2003, 1:50 am
pankala

had we stopped in the UK we would have had far more value in our home and in a better location than we are in now.
Obviously you have not taken into consideration the depressing effect you would have had on your local community or house prices.

Old Feb 25th 2003, 2:58 am
Banned

Obviously you have not taken into consideration the depressing effect you would have had on your local community or house prices.
Thats the problem I live and learn I did wonder why some many are popping anti-depressants , must be some kind of deal I could do here with the drug companies.

Old Feb 25th 2003, 3:21 am
pankala

Thats the problem I live and learn I did wonder why some many are popping anti-depressants , must be some kind of deal I could do here with the drug companies.

Darn you have it good! Rain Bringer, Drug Baron, and Pommie Pom Basher! What's your star sign?

Old Feb 25th 2003, 3:32 am
Banned

Darn you have it good! Rain Bringer, Drug Baron, and Pommie Pom Basher! What's your star sign?
Cancer what else would it be ?

Old Feb 25th 2003, 4:03 am
pankala

Cancer what else would it be ?
Orangeman Leprechaun ?

Old Feb 25th 2003, 4:09 am
Banned

Orangeman Leprechaun ?
Gave up with God when he sent to do missionary in Australia , and drink too much paddy ale to be a little man.

Old Feb 25th 2003, 7:53 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

PB you have got to be kidding. Get real. Have you got any idea how bad travel has got in this country? However "Choked" the roads get in Oz they are nothing like as bad as it is in the UK. I know this because I have experienced both in the last year. And it's not just in rush hour. Where I live, it often takes 45 minutes to get to the local town centre which is only a mile and half away. London has become gridlocked, and so have a lot of other cities. Why do you think they brought in the congestion charge?

Also while I'm on a roll, why are asking people the question "Why Australia?" ? For god's sake, you did it yourself. You must have thought there was a pretty good reason. Maybe you're so bitter because you didn't investigate it enough before you went. Certainly a lot of the things you complain about you could have found out beforehand, and you wouldn't have made this terrible mistake that has ruined your life....Or did I miss the bit when you were kidnapped, blindfolded and thrown onto the plane? Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait for PB The Movie to come out.

Andy

Andy

Bugger me I will not be able to buy a terrace home like I have here , look home prices in Perth went up by upto 30% in some areas mine about 20% and location counts new flats in the city with river views are a Million dollars plus top price $55 million for a new home being built now, in an auction on an outer town suburb at the weekend land went for $2000 per sq metre if it was near the city times that by 4.
The small town I live in Joondalup has loads of dog box flats going up in the CBD which start at $230K for 2 bedrooms and thats 30km from Perth CBD with only one freeway that choked in rush hour.
The main differance is pay levels are less here and tax is far worse plus interest rates higher so suburbian homes are in line with earnings .
The prices in the UK varies far more than here and travel is much shorter had we stopped in the UK we would have had far more value in our home and in a better location than we are in now .

Old Feb 25th 2003, 10:46 am
pankala

Originally posted by Andy_Hanrahan
PB you have got to be kidding. Get real. Have you got any idea how bad travel has got in this country? However "Choked" the roads get in Oz they are nothing like as bad as it is in the UK. I know this because I have experienced both in the last year. And it's not just in rush hour. Where I live, it often takes 45 minutes to get to the local town centre which is only a mile and half away. London has become gridlocked, and so have a lot of other cities. Why do you think they brought in the congestion charge?

Also while I'm on a roll, why are asking people the question "Why Australia?" ? For god's sake, you did it yourself. You must have thought there was a pretty good reason. Maybe you're so bitter because you didn't investigate it enough before you went. Certainly a lot of the things you complain about you could have found out beforehand, and you wouldn't have made this terrible mistake that has ruined your life....Or did I miss the bit when you were kidnapped, blindfolded and thrown onto the plane? Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait for PB The Movie to come out.

Andy

Andy
PB has a point, why pick on poor little Australia? Can't you take your congestion somewhere else? Why not dump your self on France, your traditional enemy.

With 20,000,000 people, the Australia is starting to get very shabby. Forests near all gone. Soils badly eroded. Rivers salty. Coral reefs dying etc. The Aboriginies had it worked out nicely with just 1,000,000. Yet still you come.

Old Feb 25th 2003, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Inked is an unknown quantity at this point

PB has a point, why pick on poor little Australia? Can't you take your congestion somewhere else? Why not dump your self on France, your traditional enemy.

With 20,000,000 people, the Australia is starting to get very shabby. Forests near all gone. Soils badly eroded. Rivers salty. Coral reefs dying etc. The Aboriginies had it worked out nicely with just 1,000,000. Yet still you come.
Well if you think 20 million in a place the size of Australia has made it shabby, imagine what the UK is like with over 3 times that amount of folk (excluding all the illegal immigrants and tourists) in a space smaller than the state of Victoria. Then work out why so many of us even feel living in the sprawling never ending suburbs of Australia looks really appealing.
Old Feb 25th 2003, 9:14 pm
pankala

Originally posted by Inked
Well if you think 20 million in a place the size of Australia has made it shabby, imagine what the UK is like with over 3 times that amount of folk (excluding all the illegal immigrants and tourists) in a space smaller than the state of Victoria. Then work out why so many of us even feel living in the sprawling never ending suburbs of Australia looks really appealing.
Well, why don't you fix up the UK then before you come and dump your self on the tiny fraction of Australia suitable for English people?

When you can prove that you are not just another Future Eater then you will have earnt a place under the Southern Cross. Not only welcomed but sought after.

The Future Eaters

Book review of The Future Eaters by Tim Flannery

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.