Reload this Page >

UK house market has gone very quiet

UK house market has gone very quiet

Old Feb 6th 2005, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Medici is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK house market has gone very quiet

Originally Posted by Papillon
The guy has specifically joined this forum with the intent of being critical of people trying to sell their houses, gloating at the misfortune of others is highly amusing to some and deeply offensive to others.
Not a troll, not gloating and not offensive. In fact my nephew is selling up and emigrating to Australia so indirectly I have no interest in prices going down, if only for his sake. I am merely pointing out the truth in my opinion.

Gosh, people round here are sensitive!

How can a view expressed on house prices be "deeply" offensive? If you disagree with my view say so and I will endeavour to not think you are offensive, except that calling me a troll might be.

Good-day

Medici
Old Feb 6th 2005, 12:41 pm
SpeedyDigits

Papillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Medici
Not a troll, not gloating and not offensive. In fact my nephew is selling up and emigrating to Australia so indirectly I have no interest in prices going down, if only for his sake. I am merely pointing out the truth in my opinion.

Gosh, people round here are sensitive!

How can a view expressed on house prices be "deeply" offensive? If you disagree with my view say so and I will endeavour to not think you are offensive, except that calling me a troll might be.

Good-day

Medici
Ok, lets see how much of an input you have to other threads, what worth you bring to sensible friendly posting.

Carry on.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 1:16 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bert-doozer
Steve,
Whats a 'Multi Sole Contract' please

Stu
Multi sole, is were you take on multiple agents but they agree to a lower sole acency fee. All of ours were on 1.25%.

If they really believe that they can sell your house, they'll agree to your rate. If they don't, blow them out. After all, they're working for YOU! Even at 1.25%, they are still getting £3-4000. That's a lot of money for a couple of pictures in the paper and a sheet of A4 in the window!
Old Feb 6th 2005, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
Multi sole, is were you take on multiple agents but they agree to a lower sole acency fee. All of ours were on 1.25%.

If they really believe that they can sell your house, they'll agree to your rate. If they don't, blow them out. After all, they're working for YOU! Even at 1.25%, they are still getting £3-4000. That's a lot of money for a couple of pictures in the paper and a sheet of A4 in the window!
do you pay them all 1.25% or just the one who sells it????
Old Feb 6th 2005, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Medici is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Papillon
Ok, lets see how much of an input you have to other threads, what worth you bring to sensible friendly posting.

Carry on.
Oh gosh, so now I have to prove I'm not a troll on the basis of contributing to other threads. Talk about paranoia. Look, I have friends who've emigrated to Australia and as I said I have a family member going soon. I happened to see this thread and thought I would offer a reason why some properties are not selling. I still stand by that. If you don't consider that "sensible" or "friendly" that's up to you.

If you want to present evidence that counters my view you are welcome. Meantime here is another thread here which supports my view:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249733

Medici

Last edited by Medici; Feb 6th 2005 at 2:45 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 3:04 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by psb182
do you pay them all 1.25% or just the one who sells it????
Just the one that sells it.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 3:45 am
SpeedyDigits

Papillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to beholdPapillon1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Medici
Oh gosh, so now I have to prove I'm not a troll on the basis of contributing to other threads. Talk about paranoia. Look, I have friends who've emigrated to Australia and as I said I have a family member going soon. I happened to see this thread and thought I would offer a reason why some properties are not selling. I still stand by that. If you don't consider that "sensible" or "friendly" that's up to you.

If you want to present evidence that counters my view you are welcome. Meantime here is another thread here which supports my view:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249733

Medici

I contend that you are a TROLL

You are here for the sole purpose of gloating at the difficulties some people are experiencing when trying to sell property.

Here's my contribution to back up that claim.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/for...showtopic=5548