Reload this Page >

UK hottest temperature this year

UK hottest temperature this year

Old May 30th 2003, 2:47 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK hottest temperature this year

Better get used to this every day Downunder, folks!

SUN-starved Brits stripped off yesterday to bask in temperatures of 80°F (27°C).

Beaches across the country were packed as the UK outshone Brazilian hotspot Rio de Janeiro, which only managed a paltry 23°C (73°F).

The seaside was full of beauties in bikinis — or even less — from the West Country to Teesside. Many parents struck it lucky as they had taken the week off for half-term.

By lunchtime 10,000 people had flocked to Bournemouth, snaffling all the deckchairs and emptying shops of buckets and spades. Ice-cream sellers in the Dorset resort were rushed off their feet and car parks were jammed.

Local student Rebecca Simms, 23, said: “Thank goodness the sun is out — I was beginning to forget what it looked like.

“It’s been awful month. I really can’t remember a sunny day until now.�

Pat Singer, of the Bournemouth beach office, said: “We have had thousands of people out today. It feels like it is a Saturday. I don’t know where they have all come from.�

The heatwave is likely to continue until Sunday when there could be thundery showers.

Weather experts expect to see 29°C (84°F) by the weekend, which would make it the hottest of the year so far.

The hottest spot yesterday was London on 80°F. Tenerife and Crete were only 18°C (64°F).
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
bum.bmp (101.6 KB, 75 views)
Old May 30th 2003, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Do you mind I am trying to eat my lunch? The thought of all that white flesh is blinding me.
Old May 30th 2003, 3:02 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK hottest temperature this year

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Better get used to this every day Downunder, folks!

SUN-starved Brits stripped off yesterday to bask in temperatures of 80°F (27°C).

Beaches across the country were packed as the UK outshone Brazilian hotspot Rio de Janeiro, which only managed a paltry 23°C (73°F).

The hottest spot yesterday was London on 80°F. Tenerife and Crete were only 18°C (64°F).

This is cut and paste , all on this site in the UK were hiding in dark rooms hoping to avoid this weather , after all never get a Summer in the UK.
PS Its pissing it down in Perth and set in for the bank holiday weekend , like the good old days in the UK

Perth Weather next 4 days.

Friday
Possible squally thunderstorm
21°C

Saturday
Fine
17°C

Sunday
Shower or two
19°C

Monday
Few showers
18°

Old May 30th 2003, 3:09 am
Don
Banned

Here's where I live:

7-Day Forecast »
FRI SAT SUN MON TUE WED THU

Sunny. Pleasantly warm.
Sunny. Pleasantly warm.
More clouds than sun. Warm.
Sprinkles. More sun than clouds. Warm.
Sunny. Pleasantly warm.
Sunny. Pleasantly warm.
Sunny. Pleasantly warm.
High Temp. 29° C 30° C 26° C 31° C 30° C 30° C 31° C
Low Temp. 14° C 13° C 14° C 15° C 15° C 14° C 13° C

Whoops but you get the picture

Cheers - Don
Old May 30th 2003, 3:11 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Here's where I live:

7-Day Forecast »
FRI SAT SUN MON TUE WED THU

Sunny. Pleasantly warm.
Sunny. Pleasantly warm.
More clouds than sun. Warm.
Sprinkles. More sun than clouds. Warm.
Sunny. Pleasantly warm.
Sunny. Pleasantly warm.
Sunny. Pleasantly warm.
High Temp. 29° C 30° C 26° C 31° C 30° C 30° C 31° C
Low Temp. 14° C 13° C 14° C 15° C 15° C 14° C 13° C

Whoops but you get the picture

Cheers - Don
You have yet to tell us where you do live?

Old May 30th 2003, 3:20 am
Don
Banned

Not too far from Vienna.

Cheers - Don
Old May 30th 2003, 3:24 am
Banned

Not too far from Vienna.

Cheers - Don
The 'Salzkammergut’ or near to the Polish border?

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 30th 2003 at 4:24 am.
Old May 30th 2003, 3:54 am
Don
Banned

How the hell did you know about the Polish boarder?

250 zlotys a week.

Cheers - Don
Old May 30th 2003, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by pommie bastard
This is cut and paste , all on this site in the UK were hiding in dark rooms hoping to avoid this weather , after all never get a Summer in the UK.
PS Its pissing it down in Perth and set in for the bank holiday weekend , like the good old days in the UK

Perth Weather next 4 days.

Friday
Possible squally thunderstorm
21°C

Saturday
Fine
17°C

Sunday
Shower or two
19°C

Monday
Few showers
18°

Just like to point out tomorrow (31 May) is the first day of Winter in Perth so weather isn't too bad - we need the rain!!

Having moved to Perth last year from the Bournemouth area I can't think of anything worse than sharing a very average English beach on a hot day with 10,000 people - urgh!! Parking near the beach is scarce, £10 a day charges when you do get a space, queues for dirty toilets, queues for ice cream, queues for drinks, squashed on the sand a few feet from another family - no thanks.
Old May 30th 2003, 5:20 am
Banned

Originally posted by Kath
Just like to point out tomorrow (31 May) is the first day of Winter in Perth so weather isn't too bad - we need the rain!!

Having moved to Perth last year from the Bournemouth area I can't think of anything worse than sharing a very average English beach on a hot day with 10,000 people - urgh!! Parking near the beach is scarce, £10 a day charges when you do get a space, queues for dirty toilets, queues for ice cream, queues for drinks, squashed on the sand a few feet from another family - no thanks.

Nice to know you still have a British sense of Humour.
Why bother with a bank Holiday in Winter?
Why bother with a beach ?
PS dont worry about the Rain it can stick around till November , I've seen some wet Winters and Springs in Perth.

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 30th 2003 at 5:24 am.
Old May 30th 2003, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

Nice to know you still have a British sense of Humour.
Why bother with a bank Holiday in Winter?
Why bother with a beach ?

Don't really care when we have a holiday, a day off work is great!

Agree with your comments on the beach, not really a beach person myself, I live in the Hills, prefer wildlife, bush walking.
Old May 30th 2003, 5:30 am
Banned

Don't really care when we have a holiday, a day off work is great!

Agree with your comments on the beach, not really a beach person myself, I live in the Hills, prefer wildlife, bush walking.

You have good taste madam , I hate bank holidays rather have them as floating days off.

Old May 30th 2003, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

You have good taste madam , I hate bank holidays rather have them as floating days off.

People around here don't seem to know what I'm on about when I say 'bank holiday' - do they call them public holidays?? What's this one for - Queens Birthday? I'm still on a UK calendar.
Old May 30th 2003, 5:44 am
Banned

People around here don't seem to know what I'm on about when I say 'bank holiday' - do they call them public holidays?? What's this one for - Queens Birthday? I'm still on a UK calendar.
WA Foundation Day , Betty has a different Birthday in each state just about , I wish I had her presents.

Old May 30th 2003, 6:00 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

WA Foundation Day , Betty has a different Birthday in each state just about , I wish I had her presents.

Q's B'day June 9th here (QLD), yours Sep 29th (I think), the woman was born in April fo Chrissake!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.