Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Footy on TV in NZ

UK Footy on TV in NZ

Old Sep 29th 2003, 9:25 am
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

robernelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Question UK Footy on TV in NZ

I have just seen a similar post for Oz so I thought I would check about NZ. 3pm sat games would be in the early hours. A bit naf. Evening games would be ok, watch them in the morning. Better than TVAM, me thinks. Saturday lunchtime games (sadly restricted to Man U so it seems, no doubt for the Far East Market) would I assume be late Sat night.

Can anybody fill us in on what the coverage is like. Cheers.

Rob
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 1:13 pm
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

Default Re: UK Footy on TV in NZ

Originally posted by robernelli
I have just seen a similar post for Oz so I thought I would check about NZ. 3pm sat games would be in the early hours. A bit naf. Evening games would be ok, watch them in the morning. Better than TVAM, me thinks. Saturday lunchtime games (sadly restricted to Man U so it seems, no doubt for the Far East Market) would I assume be late Sat night.

Can anybody fill us in on what the coverage is like. Cheers.

Rob

ANYBODY??
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

ANYBODY??

You will need to have Sky TV Rob.. but you will get all the premiership footie. Even some midweek games and they are live. Obviously the times will be a bit awkward.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 1:21 pm
Life's a beach

St George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really nice

Rob, when I viewed several schools in Wellington every other kid had a Man U top on, so I think you can see what type of coverage you will get.

Kev. :scared:
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Bladesman is an unknown quantity at this point

ANYBODY??
You need sky, but you will see approx 3-5 games a weekend and occasional ones through the week (if you work flexi time). Not always Man U though you do get some Arsenal games.
Seriously all the sunday live games in the uk are seen over here, i.e. on a monday morning early hours. If a game is played on saturday lunchtime uk it is shown live here also. They show a live game from saturday afternoon in the middle of the night and record a game from saturday afternoon and show it at around 7-8am. There is a weekly round up that is shown mid week also. On terrestial tv there is the occasional goal on the news, if like me you support a nationwide team, then there is nothing I'm afraid.
When in the UK I had sky and would not miss a game, over here it is too much hassle for me to get up in the middle of the night so I am now against all of my better judgement going to watch rugby and playing golf.
ps if you play football, the standard is appalling so I would not bring your boots. I played at County league level prior to coming out and am not impressed at all with the standard. It is like kids football.
Old Oct 4th 2003, 8:16 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

ChampionsLeague also shown (live and ISM).
Old Oct 8th 2003, 10:10 pm
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

Originally posted by Bladesman
You need sky, but you will see approx 3-5 games a weekend and occasional ones through the week (if you work flexi time). Not always Man U though you do get some Arsenal games.
Seriously all the sunday live games in the uk are seen over here, i.e. on a monday morning early hours. If a game is played on saturday lunchtime uk it is shown live here also. They show a live game from saturday afternoon in the middle of the night and record a game from saturday afternoon and show it at around 7-8am. There is a weekly round up that is shown mid week also. On terrestial tv there is the occasional goal on the news, if like me you support a nationwide team, then there is nothing I'm afraid.
When in the UK I had sky and would not miss a game, over here it is too much hassle for me to get up in the middle of the night so I am now against all of my better judgement going to watch rugby and playing golf.
ps if you play football, the standard is appalling so I would not bring your boots. I played at County league level prior to coming out and am not impressed at all with the standard. It is like kids football.
Hi Bladesman, can I assume you are a Sheff Utd fan? I sympathise with any nationwide supporter. My team, B'ham City are enjoying the highlife at the moment and long may it continue otherwise it seems I will be stuffed. As for playing, well I did anticipate it not being too good but for a man in his mid 30's, this may help....then again I don't fancy kick and rush at my age either.
Cheers.

Rob