Uk Fax Machines

Old Oct 30th 2004, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

kaydave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk Fax Machines

Hi,

We know that uk phones do not work in OZ, but will UK fax machines work?.

Many Thanks

David

Old Oct 30th 2004, 10:37 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk Fax Machines

I'm not at all sure that's correct. i think it may be to do with the use of the wires in the cable - inners and outers if you get the gist.

I bought a fax machine in Hong Kong years ago. It would only work on pulse dialling, not on tone. Yet, if I tone dialled and recorded the squeaks with a mike close to the earpiece and then picked up again and played the recording through the mike - it went through as normal! So the squeaks were OK all along.

I took it back to HKG - and it worked fine on tone there. I suspect it would also work in Oz, but since I just left it for our housebuyers I will never know!
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

kaydave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
I'm not at all sure that's correct. i think it may be to do with the use of the wires in the cable - inners and outers if you get the gist.

I bought a fax machine in Hong Kong years ago. It would only work on pulse dialling, not on tone. Yet, if I tone dialled and recorded the squeaks with a mike close to the earpiece and then picked up again and played the recording through the mike - it went through as normal! So the squeaks were OK all along.

I took it back to HKG - and it worked fine on tone there. I suspect it would also work in Oz, but since I just left it for our housebuyers I will never know!

Thanks Rog, but still not sure.
anyone else, Please

Thanks
David
Old Oct 30th 2004, 4:42 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by kaydave
Thanks Rog, but still not sure.
anyone else, Please

Thanks
David
If you are a little unsure, with the aid of a printer and a scanner attached to your pc, you can download a fax programme off the net and link them all. I did it some time ago and it works wonders.
try this site for a software programme.
www.download.com

Neil
Old Oct 30th 2004, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

wendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kaydave
Hi,

We know that uk phones do not work in OZ, but will UK fax machines work?.

Many Thanks

David

Hi David,

We bought over our uk phones and uk fax machine (samsung) and they all work perfectly well. Although you do have to replace the connection cables with Oz ones, doesnt work our too dear for cables.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wendymaisie
Hi David,

We bought over our uk phones and uk fax machine (samsung) and they all work perfectly well. Although you do have to replace the connection cables with Oz ones, doesnt work our too dear for cables.
Yes UK phones, Faxes and modems will work in Oz if you just change the cable that connnects to the wall socket.

BUT everything connected to the Oz phone network should be certified as safe for use on said network and getting your equipment tested and certified would cost more than it's worth. So most people just bring the stuff change the cable and away they go (me included) but you are leaving yourself open to a fine if caught (very low probability IMHO).