Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK DV Clearance and Oz visa application

UK DV Clearance and Oz visa application

Old Apr 12th 2007, 5:27 pm
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question UK DV Clearance and Oz visa application

Due to my work I am going to have to get DV security clearance. Does anyone know if my Oz application is going to show up on this? Visa has been lodged so we are a fair way in (although we have no case officer yet).

Wondering whether to leave it alone and assume nothing is going to come of it or own up (and risk not getting the clearence and not being able to perform my job [which i hate incidentally]).

Just wondering if this is going to show on the DV stuff (does anyone know) cos part of the requirement is single nationality (if you are dual you have to give one up).

Thanks for any advice.

Graz
Old Apr 12th 2007, 7:04 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK DV Clearance and Oz visa application

Don't know for certain, but the depth that they investigate you for DV is very detailed, so I would expect them to find out.... If I was you, I'd be up front about it - tell them you have applied. They will be less impressed with lying than finding out you've applied up front....

Since having a PR visa is not dual nationality as such, I don't see it as a problem?
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:53 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graz79
Due to my work I am going to have to get DV security clearance. Does anyone know if my Oz application is going to show up on this? Visa has been lodged so we are a fair way in (although we have no case officer yet).

Wondering whether to leave it alone and assume nothing is going to come of it or own up (and risk not getting the clearence and not being able to perform my job [which i hate incidentally]).

Just wondering if this is going to show on the DV stuff (does anyone know) cos part of the requirement is single nationality (if you are dual you have to give one up).
Only a guess but I'd think there's a good chance something like this could come up on a Developed Vetting (DV) clearance.

Incidentally dual nationality is not absolutely barred even for DV positions. Although in practice, you would probably only even have a chance of getting away with it if it was with one of the United Kingdom's closest allies - US, Canada or Australia. Or if you were unable to give it up.
http://www.gchq.gov.uk/recruitment/security.html#dual

Incidentally if this really is the nature of your work I doubt it's a good idea to mention it on a public forum.

Last edited by JAJ; Apr 13th 2007 at 2:02 am.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Incidentally if this really is the nature of your work I doubt it's a good idea to mention it on a public forum.
Now, that's got me interested.

Is it really secret??