Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Uk Driving Licence

Uk Driving Licence

Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Lee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant future
Default Uk Driving Licence

Is the UK Driving Licence valid in Australia (Perth)?

Thanks
Laura
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:42 pm
ASHO

ASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really nice
Default Re: Uk Driving Licence

Yes it is but only for 3 months if you are living there. If you are on your hols it as long as you are there
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

leon.richmond is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,Im new to this website, but what a good un it is.

The misses and I are travelling australia for a year + working on a WHV,

Planning on travelling from Cairns-Melbourne getting work on the way (any advice would be great!!!)

Can i drive on UK license the whole year or just 3 months?

Regards
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Lee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant future

We are wanting to move there so what would we need to do so we can keep driving?

Can we do anything before we go?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:19 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lee and Laura
We are wanting to move there so what would we need to do so we can keep driving?

Can we do anything before we go?
Wait until you get there... It's easy enough to get an Aussie one, it's a straight swap as long as you've had a full licence for a few years...
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:27 pm
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all

Originally Posted by leon.richmond
Hello,Im new to this website, but what a good un it is.

The misses and I are travelling australia for a year + working on a WHV,

Planning on travelling from Cairns-Melbourne getting work on the way (any advice would be great!!!)

Can i drive on UK license the whole year or just 3 months?

Regards
You only need to convert to an Australian driving licenece if you are granted a PR visa and you have three months in which to do so.

For a WHV you can drive on a UK licence for the entire time you are in Australia, unless you get banned from driving whilst here.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

BallBoy will become famous soon enough

Can anyone tell me if I need the newer UK photo id driving lisence or am I OK to get an Aussie one swapped from my old paper one?

Just wondering if I need to get my old one changed before I move over to Australia.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BallBoy
Can anyone tell me if I need the newer UK photo id driving lisence or am I OK to get an Aussie one swapped from my old paper one?

Just wondering if I need to get my old one changed before I move over to Australia.
I think, on an old paper one, you will need your passport for ID at the time.

For what it is worth, when I spent 2.5 years in Aus I remained on my UK license for the entire time, and that included a number of speeding fines, none of which raised any issues or eyebrows at all...