Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Driving Licence

UK Driving Licence

Old Feb 27th 2005, 12:58 pm
Sydney Bound Jan 2006

Kopites will become famous soon enoughKopites will become famous soon enough
Default UK Driving Licence

Hi, just want to check that when I arrive in Sydney under PR visa does my UK driving Licence cover me or do I have to sit a driving test? Thanks Andy
Old Feb 27th 2005, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Driving Licence

Originally Posted by Kopites
Hi, just want to check that when I arrive in Sydney under PR visa does my UK driving Licence cover me or do I have to sit a driving test? Thanks Andy
It does for three months.

Others wil supply the details of what happens after that...

Cheers,
JTL
Old Feb 27th 2005, 1:37 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kopites
You need to get an Australian licence within 3 months. Most UK licence holders will not need to sit a test - http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au

Jeremy
Old Feb 27th 2005, 2:54 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Seems a tad unfair, considering when I came to the UK on my OZ license I had 12 months to apply for a UK one, and didn`t have to sit a test or anything.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 3:00 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Stormz
Seems a tad unfair, considering when I came to the UK on my OZ license I had 12 months to apply for a UK one, and didn`t have to sit a test or anything.
It's only been that way for a couple of months, otherwise you had to sit the theory test only.

Bye
Mark
Old Feb 27th 2005, 3:11 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by markeh
It's only been that way for a couple of months, otherwise you had to sit the theory test only.

Bye
Mark
I thought the theory test was better than sitting next to an examiner doing the driving test in Sydney.

I had my UK licence for 11 years when I had to do this and it was surprising how I forgot left from right :scared: I was a true female and stuffed up reverse parking too.

M