Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK disabled badge

UK disabled badge

Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:12 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute
Question UK disabled badge

My Mum is coming over next month to visit and is registered disabled in the UK and has one of those badges for the car.
Does anyone know if she was to bring it with her she could use it here in either a hire car or in my car.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: UK disabled badge

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
My Mum is coming over next month to visit and is registered disabled in the UK and has one of those badges for the car.
Does anyone know if she was to bring it with her she could use it here in either a hire car or in my car.
Not sure about from UK to here ...but 2 years ago we went to the U.K and my disability permit wasn't transferable overseas so wasn't able to take it. We did inquire first.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No, you can't use UK ones here.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:32 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

ring the ACROD people and ask if there is something short term. my friend works for them but she is on holday in Japan or I would ring and ask.

found this sam

http://www.nds.org.au/WA/default.htm
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:49 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
ring the ACROD people and ask if there is something short term. my friend works for them but she is on holday in Japan or I would ring and ask.

found this sam

http://www.nds.org.au/WA/default.htm
Thanks for that I will give them a ring.

I only thought to ask beacuse I saw a hire car in the carpark with a UK disabled badge in the window.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

annb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant future

yes you definitely can use UK ones over here, My dad brought his over last year, I had already rung ACROD to check and they said its fine, so he will be bringing his again this year
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:40 pm
I'm watching YOU...

Originally Posted by annb
yes you definitely can use UK ones over here, My dad brought his over last year, I had already rung ACROD to check and they said its fine, so he will be bringing his again this year
Thanks.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:41 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

I will add to the the yes you can - I rang the RTA to check re use, could be used to full extent as if a locally issued one. We used it many times in & around Sydney with no issues when my father was visiting a year ago. The rta website had guidance of time limited parking & extended times for disabled badged cars. I would of course check for any variation for WA.

I did find a website for Sydney CBD that showed where all the disabled parking bays are - in reality not enough and could not find an empty one. Could be a similar one for Perth?