Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK dentist prices

UK dentist prices

Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK dentist prices

About 18 months ago I had two cerac crowns done in the UK, they cost £350 each for the back molars. This is the new super dooper way of creating crowns and they do it on the spot rather than sending your mould off to the factory to have one made. The tooth is supposed to last much longer than a porcelain crown too.

I went to a completely private dentist and no NHS subsidy was paid to the dentist. Here is a link to their website,

http://www.parade-dentists.co.uk/

Current prices are;

Crown/Bridgework from £550/£695

WOW that's gone up!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:54 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by pomtastic
Check my post - I never said it was cheaper or more expensive than UK. I said it was expensive in relation to what you earn here, a weeks wage for one crown, perhaps you think that's good value? I don't.

It's a lot of money when many countries like Singapore, Bali, US, Europe all do dental treatment so much cheaper. How can Aus justify it?
I keep telling people on here that nearly everything is expensive in Aus in relation to what you earn here, even more so in Perth by the looks of it.

Some people will say I'm being negative but it's a fact and don't say I didn't warn you all.
Then why specify Australia if you meant UK aswell ?
But then you don't do you ?

Old Apr 8th 2010, 11:01 am
ABCDiamond

Naughty, naughty, cherry picking data again ABCD, the OP said: .....
You left this bit out from my post...
Surely it may be more like, it is cheaper in some places and more expensive in others, depending where you look.

How comes you picked the highest priced example of the UK tooth of £2000?
I must be catching the habit from people who tend to post the highest costs in Australia, and always ignore the cheaper options.

The OP said she was quoted $1650 a tooth and yet you use a $1,199 an example 30% cheaper.
I personally think it is good to let people know that things can be found cheaper. But some people prefer to try to hide that so they can say things like this...
I keep telling people on here that nearly everything is expensive in Aus
I will repeat: "it is cheaper in some places and more expensive in others, depending where you look."

Old Apr 8th 2010, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
You left this bit out from my post...

I will repeat: "it is cheaper in some places and more expensive in others, depending where you look."
You used the most expensive UK example against a cheaper/est Aus example. How about using the most expensive examples of each country or the cheapest examples of each country?

I don't know what world you are living in ABCD but I know many, many families here in Perth from the work I do and various clubs, associations I belong to. I'm am telling you now, the average Pom coming over to Perth is having it financially tough compared to say even 4 years ago. I'd add the average Aussie as well to that list. The cost of living here has exceeded the average wage rises in recent years. I'm sure many posters would back me up and agree on this FACT.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

Do kids receive free dental treatment like in the UK and how much is it for an adult check-up? I recall some Expats recommended dental insurance!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sportsendurance
Do kids receive free dental treatment like in the UK and how much is it for an adult check-up? I recall some Expats recommended dental insurance!
You pay for kids dental, scripts, glasses etc.

however the govt last 2 years gave a teen dental voucher, about 154 bucks value, but it can only be used for a check up, you then pay for the treatment.

Some states may have a school dental van, for basic dentistry, these seem much less common since the check up voucher was introduced.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Re crowns.

The item 615 is not the total cost of a crown.

A more inclusive quote

071 diagnositc cast 41.00

071 diagnostic cast 41.00

615 Full crown - veneered 1175

323 Surgical Removal ( extraction of old tooth) 205

option 643 bridge pontic indirect $800 ( if they think it needs to be attached to another tooth. IME they usually recommend that.

Partner got caught on thinking it was just the 615, but of course there is the rest of the work that goes with it.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

I can see by the non reaction to my reply that most if not all could not give a monkey what went into there mouth then why not look up cancer on the web ? Try putting in cadnium , lead & a few more cancer ingredience plus look at the photoes of a oral cancer patient it might change your fews on cheap.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Boobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really nice

Originally Posted by eugene43
I can see by the non reaction to my reply that most if not all could not give a monkey what went into there mouth then why not look up cancer on the web ? Try putting in cadnium , lead & a few more cancer ingredience plus look at the photoes of a oral cancer patient it might change your fews on cheap.
See post 15.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Boobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really nice

Am I right in assuming you're a dentist or dental technician? If so are you trying to justify the ridiculous prices dentist charge?
Old Apr 8th 2010, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boobops
Am I right in assuming you're a dentist or dental technician? If so are you trying to justify the ridiculous prices dentist charge?
no just your life & yes your right I am a denntal tech but it is not us who charge the prices. Example in uk only full upper & lower I would charge dentist £350 but he would sell it to you for 1500 to 2000 so I so wish you were right.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Same old story lets go on price ???. I know what I would do but then I know what goes into the cheap ones & noway would I want that in my mouth.
So what would be your expert advise on this? I am not a dental technician so I can only go on price. Do I ask the dentist if he is ripping me off?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boobops
So what would be your expert advise on this? I am not a dental technician so I can only go on price. Do I ask the dentist if he is ripping me off?
no but use your own judgment some do shop around.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

no but use your own judgment some do shop around.
Really??? Silly me, never thought of doing that!
Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sportsendurance
We have a school dentist that we dont pay for.My son broke his two front teeth and our local dentist fixed it for $400.It has come out twice since and he has repaired it free of charge.Having said that the school dentist has told me that he would have sorted it all out for free first time round.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.