Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Debt - Leaving it behind - Curiosity Question ?? :-)

UK Debt - Leaving it behind - Curiosity Question ?? :-)

Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:28 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Debt - Leaving it behind - Curiosity Question ?? :-)

Originally Posted by BLC
LOL Same here, we are just plain old nosey buggers
Where are us two from, Nose City?!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:36 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by bridiej
Where are us two from, Nose City?!

Can just see us peering over the garden fence, curlers in hair with head scarf, ciggie from mouth a la Les Dawson

Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by BLC

Can just see us peering over the garden fence, curlers in hair with head scarf, ciggie from mouth a la Les Dawson

Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

dazby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BLC

.... that wud be the back garden fence !!!! .... listening out for the debt collectors knocking on the front door .... shut the curtains girl !!!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:44 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by dazby
.... that wud be the back garden fence !!!! .... listening out for the debt collectors knocking on the front door .... shut the curtains girl !!!
Yep and sending your youngest born to the front door to say "My Mummy is not here at the moment, we can't pay the rent this week". That has made me think, avoidance of paying you dues has been around for years.

Which ever way your friend goes, I am sure they will see it as their best judgement - I am not getting off me fence to say owt else.

B

Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by BLC

Which ever way your friend goes, I am sure they will see it as their best judgement - I am not getting off me fence to say owt else.

B
Cowardy custard!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:53 pm
BLC

Cowardy custard!
I have a secret pleasure about having wood splinters up me bum

Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone seen the latest Carol Voderman loan advert - she's happy smiling and offering to halve your debt by taking out a secure loan (not secured so thickos don't realise they will lose the house). At the bottom is the example - borrow £20,000 blah blah blah apr blah blah blah - total to repay £50,000+ - WHF :scared: - Pay another £30,000 on top of the £20k - who on earth are these people who think that is a good deal - ads like that should be banned and whilst I am having a rant, why do they need to put them on Nickelodeon for crying out loud - does the five year old go to mummy and say we must take out a loan and she says ok - evil evil evil. Rant over.

To the op - if you don't think you will have repaid by the time you want to go, tell the lenders and arrange to pay smaller amount each month after you have left.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Has anyone seen the latest Carol Voderman loan advert - she's happy smiling and offering to halve your debt by taking out a secure loan (not secured so thickos don't realise they will lose the house). At the bottom is the example - borrow £20,000 blah blah blah apr blah blah blah - total to repay £50,000+ - WHF :scared: - Pay another £30,000 on top of the £20k - who on earth are these people who think that is a good deal - ads like that should be banned and whilst I am having a rant, why do they need to put them on Nickelodeon for crying out loud - does the five year old go to mummy and say we must take out a loan and she says ok - evil evil evil. Rant over.
You may be interested in this

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi...18155080,35099,

Personally I think celebrities should make a stand and not stoop so low as these ads, the Phil Tuffnell one gets me!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You may be interested in this

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi...18155080,35099,

Personally I think celebrities should make a stand and not stoop so low as these ads, the Phil Tuffnell one gets me!
Now, if Martyn wanted me to buy something you could at least trust him. Tuffers - bless him - thick as sh*t but very happy

Edit: just signed that petition. Not convinced it will make a difference but might as well try.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Aug 17th 2005 at 3:19 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 5:18 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Read "UK debt when moving abroad" in our article section : http://britishexpats.com/articles/000010.html

Originally Posted by dazby
Hi there ....

Just a little curious ... my partner has the usual UK debts ... credit cards/loans etc etc and is thingking of just 'leaving' them behind when we move to Oz in December .... we have no intention of moving back to the UK in the forseeable future ... if ever ... we have a friend who moved to Oz over two years ago and left behind over 80k's worth of debt and he aint heard a thing since.

Just curious to know other folks opinions

cheers x
Old Aug 17th 2005, 5:41 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20

To the op - if you don't think you will have repaid by the time you want to go, tell the lenders and arrange to pay smaller amount each month after you have left.

I saw that too!!!! :scared: You'd have to be a muppet to take out a loan with First Direct or whoever it is!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:17 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
I saw that too!!!! :scared: You'd have to be a muppet to take out a loan with First Direct or whoever it is!
I haven't seen the advert mentioned, but as a very happy long term First Direct customer, I would be very surprised if they were doing this. Although like everything, the power of any products success starts and ends with the customer.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:30 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
I haven't seen the advert mentioned, but as a very happy long term First Direct customer, I would be very surprised if they were doing this. Although like everything, the power of any products success starts and ends with the customer.
Its first plus - not First Direct the Bank. Think the plus stands for the additional interest over everywhere else you could get a loan

http://www.firstplus.co.uk
Old Aug 17th 2005, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

word of caution for anyone planning on walking away from debts had a mailing
from a loan company we deal with saying they can now share your information worldwide thereby affecting credit decisions elsewhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.