Reload this Page >

Is a UK credit history accepted in Oz

Is a UK credit history accepted in Oz

Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:57 am
Just Joined

Fair Dinkum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is a UK credit history accepted in Oz

Hi,
Do banks in Oz accept a UK credit history or do you have to build it up from scratch. If so, what is the best way to get a credit rating to the point that a bank will lend?
Thanks.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:25 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Is a UK credit history accepted in Oz

No

The only recorded credit history in Australia is a bad one.

No history = good.

Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fair Dinkum
Hi,
Do banks in Oz accept a UK credit history or do you have to build it up from scratch. If so, what is the best way to get a credit rating to the point that a bank will lend?
Thanks.
Generally, credit histories in one country will not be accepted by another. This is because the context that leads to credit behavior/history differs from country to country and their usefulness are less in a different jurisdiction.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by caliburn
Generally, credit histories in one country will not be accepted by another. This is because the context that leads to credit behavior/history differs from country to country and their usefulness are less in a different jurisdiction.
OOh, that's interesting.
I have paid for a full credit check check from Experian - www.CreditExpert.co.uk
Does that now mean it's not worth the paper it is written on?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 10:02 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlie-k
Correct.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bcworld
Correct.
Thanks for that.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 10:46 pm
ABCDiamond

OOh, that's interesting.
I have paid for a full credit check check from Experian - www.CreditExpert.co.uk
But don't throw it away, yet.

Credit checking and information services company Experian has appointed its first ever global chief information officer.

Experian has a sizable Australian operation courtesy of its acquisition of internet tracking firm Hitwise.
They may be expanding ?

Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
But don't throw it away, yet.

They may be expanding ?
Thanks ABCDiamond.
I might aswell get an up todate copy before I leave the UK then. It isn't expensive.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:12 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

I can imagine a lot of weckless fankers pissing themselves at the thought of their UK past credit history surfacing in Oz.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zambia
I can imagine a lot of weckless fankers pissing themselves at the thought of their UK past credit history surfacing in Oz.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:25 am

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

I should really hire out my services to UK debt chasers as a door knocker.

"Hi its bob from ShIteHouse , you owe us $5000 for your flat screen last year. I take Eftpos"
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

I should really hire out my services to UK debt chasers as a door knocker.

"Hi its bob from ShIteHouse , you owe us $5000 for your flat screen last year. I take Eftpos"
Good job we are squeeky clean
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:30 am

Good job we are squeeky clean
Good cause its now $5500
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Good cause its now $5500
will you accept a cheque?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:04 pm

will you accept a cheque?
at this stage your 12 hours late I need at least a kidney as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.