Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Class 2 drivers in Oz, info required

UK Class 2 drivers in Oz, info required

Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:24 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light
Default UK Class 2 drivers in Oz, info required

Any class 2 drivers out here in Oz? I was wondering did you just swap over your licence when you got to Oz or do you need to be re-tested.If so what are the costs ect?
My brother in law is looking to come out and would appreciate any info on this.
Thanks.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:33 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Class 2 drivers in Oz, info required

Originally Posted by brido
Any class 2 drivers out here in Oz? I was wondering did you just swap over your licence when you got to Oz or do you need to be re-tested.If so what are the costs ect?
My brother in law is looking to come out and would appreciate any info on this.
Thanks.
You need to be retested... costs, exact requirements, etc vary state by state... Have a look at the Queensland Transport website for more info...
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:58 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DrWho
You need to be retested... costs, exact requirements, etc vary state by state... Have a look at the Queensland Transport website for more info...
Thanks doctor ill check that out.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brido
Thanks doctor ill check that out.
Hi,

My hubby had his Class 2 in the UK. We live on the Gold Coast and he had to re test here. He went to a driving lesson place and was adviced to take his licence for the next class up. He only need 1 lesson took the test and passed. Cost in total about $400.

Hope this helps

Sunshine23
Old Sep 27th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

What does a UK Class 2 equate to in Aust?
Old Sep 27th 2008, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JR230898
What does a UK Class 2 equate to in Aust?
Medium Ridgid

Sunshine23
Old Sep 27th 2008, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sunshine23
Medium Rigid

Sunshine23
Thanks mate
Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:12 pm
Work to Live!

Hi,

My hubby had his Class 2 in the UK. We live on the Gold Coast and he had to re test here. He went to a driving lesson place and was adviced to take his licence for the next class up. He only need 1 lesson took the test and passed. Cost in total about $400.

Hope this helps

Sunshine23
Thanks Sunshine,thats good to know.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nice

Medium Ridgid

Sunshine23
as far as I am aware class 2 in uk is a HR in AUS and you have to have had 1 years experience before you can go to HC or MC
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

aussiedude will become famous soon enough

I have a Class 1 licence (HGV) and was told I would have to do a re-test in Oz so I refuse to do it (being female and stubborn). How many others have decided not to bother re-testing.

However if you are Polish I have been told they don't have to sit a re-test. Can anyone firm up on that one.

I personaly think its a bit pathetic if you drive on a road and you drive a HGV what is the difference with driving in Europe, Ireland or the UK or Australia, just another way of making money........

And I thought they were desperate for drivers................
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:18 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussiedude
if you drive on a road and you drive a HGV what is the difference with driving in Europe, Ireland or the UK or Australia
'cos they have different traffic laws, working hour requirements, allowances in Australia whereas everything's harmonized in the EU...?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

aussiedude will become famous soon enough

Thanks
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

pomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by aussiedude
I have a Class 1 licence (HGV) and was told I would have to do a re-test in Oz so I refuse to do it (being female and stubborn). How many others have decided not to bother re-testing.

However if you are Polish I have been told they don't have to sit a re-test. Can anyone firm up on that one.

I personaly think its a bit pathetic if you drive on a road and you drive a HGV what is the difference with driving in Europe, Ireland or the UK or Australia, just another way of making money........

And I thought they were desperate for drivers................
If you can drive a class one or two in the UK, then doing a retest here in Australia is so easy.

I had a class one uk , and was told rightly that the test would be easy for me, not surprized that I pass the Aussie HC first time.

The test here is not like the British one were you miss a few mirrors and you fail its much more laid back here, all that want to see really is if you can drive the truck.