British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Uk Cheap Flights (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/uk-cheap-flights-485989/)

Demented Ferret Oct 8th 2007 1:24 pm

Uk Cheap Flights

We are tryin to plan a trip back to UK next June but finding it hard to get flight prices under $2000 anyone know any good sights.

Trying to persuade family and friends to come over as begrudge spending about $12000 on a holiday to Mansfeild when we could show them so many great places here.

Thanx

annb Oct 8th 2007 2:13 pm

Re: Uk Cheap Flights

flight prices for june wont be released yet....there should be 'earlybird' fares out later this month/early nov...they usually have to be paid in full by december but are always cheaper than when the 'proper' fares come out which wont be until the new year....

h2oskineil Oct 8th 2007 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret (Post 5400946)
We are tryin to plan a trip back to UK next June but finding it hard to get flight prices under $2000 anyone know any good sights.

Trying to persuade family and friends to come over as begrudge spending about $12000 on a holiday to Mansfeild when we could show them so many great places here.

Thanx

Just did a search for you.... Try MISA Traval in Singapore (www.airfares.com.sg)

Perth to Singapore return AU$332.60 (Singapore Airways)

Singapore to London return AU$754.36 (Qantas)

So I make that AU$1146.96 for 1 Adult.

Neil.

sammyg Oct 8th 2007 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by h2oskineil (Post 5401122)
Just did a search for you.... Try MISA Traval in Singapore (www.airfares.com.sg)

Neil.

thats a good price!!

jad n rich Oct 8th 2007 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by h2oskineil (Post 5401122)

Neil.

Given those fares are half of what it would cost from australia:thumbsup:, couple of questions.

Has something changed and we can now book fares from overseas, in the past this questions been asked, australian residents departing from australia -you have to pay the australian based fare.

Secondly taxes, did these prices include any (did look at the website and with taxes the fares I got were almost double your quote:blink:) but I dont know what dates you searched, and if your including taxes.

Thanks

h2oskineil Oct 9th 2007 11:08 am

Originally Posted by jad n rich (Post 5402274)
Given those fares are half of what it would cost from australia:thumbsup:, couple of questions.

Has something changed and we can now book fares from overseas, in the past this questions been asked, australian residents departing from australia -you have to pay the australian based fare.

Secondly taxes, did these prices include any (did look at the website and with taxes the fares I got were almost double your quote:blink:) but I dont know what dates you searched, and if your including taxes.

Thanks

Hi

Those prices are ex Oz. These days with E-tickets, you can buy the ticket anywhere you want. We buy tickets from the UK and always travel back on the returns.. much cheaper.
I did a search for June 2008 which is what the original poster requested and they did included taxes.

I have a mate who flies via Singapore and swaer by MISA travel, tells me they are excellent.
Neil.

acbh2 Oct 9th 2007 11:12 am

Thanx

If you can be bothered with changing flights air asia fly to kuala lumper from $99 one way and from there emirates is much cheaper back to the UK than direct from OZ!

Was gona do this as it was a few thousand cheaper than direct, only prob is long stopover (8 hours i think) as i am flying by myself with 2 kids.

Sleeping Beauty Oct 9th 2007 11:23 am

Thanx

we had a great special offer in today at work to europe (travel). think it was about $1400 plus taxes with cathay pacific (via hong kong). do you want me to get more details, it only came into the office today.

Demented Ferret Oct 9th 2007 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty (Post 5404355)
we had a great special offer in today at work to europe (travel). think it was about $1400 plus taxes with cathay pacific (via hong kong). do you want me to get more details, it only came into the office today.

Thanks for all your replies they were very helpful, Yes beauty further details of Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong would be great. Do you work in a Travel Agents.

Thanx

Sleeping Beauty Oct 9th 2007 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret (Post 5404392)
Thanks for all your replies they were very helpful, Yes beauty further details of Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong would be great. Do you work in a Travel Agents.

Thanx

yep..... are you okay until friday? (not in until then)

Demented Ferret Oct 9th 2007 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty (Post 5404402)
yep..... are you okay until friday? (not in until then)

No Worries or Dramas. Thanx

Sleeping Beauty Oct 9th 2007 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret (Post 5404411)
No Worries or Dramas. Thanx

imagine the business i could generate from this website :D

pm me your dates/nos of passengers/ages etc (if they are children)

cagandchris Oct 14th 2007 10:16 pm

We are also lokoing for flights next year.....just looked at the Singapore website but it only seems to give me the option of flying from Singapore:confused:....how do I get a quote for Aus to UK?

Thanks!

bcworld Oct 14th 2007 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by h2oskineil (Post 5404307)
Hi

I did a search for June 2008 which is what the original poster requested and they did included taxes.

Neil.

I know you posted these fares in another thread as well, but there is no way they include taxes....whenever I price up a fare on Misa travel there is the base fare and then 'Estimated Taxes' are listed separately. You would need to add on about another $800 to get the tax inclusive fare here.

I think this is the Qantas fare you are talking about becuase SGD998 = AUD754 at todays exchange rates) - so there is then another S$425 in taxes and surcharges to pay.

Fare (A1): QF SINLON VBB1YSG fare (rules) SGD 499
Fare (A2): QF LONSIN VBB1YSG fare (rules) SGD 499
Tax: Singapore Passenger Service Charge SGD 21
Tax: United Kingdom Passenger Service Charge £14.30
Tax: United Kingdom Air Passengers Duty £40.00
Tax: QF YQ surcharge $162.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total for 1 adult passenger: SGD 1423

Pollyana Oct 15th 2007 2:45 am

Originally Posted by cagandchris (Post 5424871)
We are also lokoing for flights next year.....just looked at the Singapore website but it only seems to give me the option of flying from Singapore:confused:....how do I get a quote for Aus to UK?

Thanks!

Go onto the SIngapore site and then look for the option to change it to your local site - it'll say something like "home country" or "country sites" - then you can get fares from whichever country you are based in.