Reload this Page >

UK to Aus Electrical Maintenace Tech - Help please

UK to Aus Electrical Maintenace Tech - Help please

Old Jan 10th 2020, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Jonny0126 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK to Aus Electrical Maintenace Tech - Help please

Hello all and happy new year,

I am looking for some advice on hopefully migration from the UK to Australia.

About me
Currently working as an electrical engineer for the past 18 months but have previously working as a maintenance technician/electrical supervisor/team leader with 10 years experience in the industry.

I have a HNC and NVQ 3 in electrical/electronic engineering and 17th edition wiring regs. 4 year indentured apprenticeship with an advance modern apprenticeship certificate.

I have been looking at the skilled migration route with either a skilled independent 189, skilled nominated 190 or the 482 TSS medium term stream. I have 75 points but have been told that this is low and probably won’t get an offer after submitting my EOI is this the case please?

From all the threads I have read I cannot go to Australia as an electrical engineer without a degree but there is an electrical engineering draftsperson job on the MTLSSL but not sure if I need a degree for this.

Electrical engineering technician 312312 is also on the MTLSSL which is assessed by TRA. I have done some more searching need to do the migration skills assessment program Which compares my current qualifications/skills to the Australian standard for my role. I have read that this doesn’t turn my qualifications into Australian equivalents so effectively I would imagine that wouldn’t make me employable in Oz. Would this be the best route to go down? What are the chances of success and how would I turn my qualifications into Oz equivalents?

I also have domestic electrical experience, an have been told that this would be the best route to go down. I prefer the industrial element but if needs must...

Please can someone kindly give me some advice. Been reading thread after thread for the last month or so

thank you 😊

Old Jan 12th 2020, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to Aus Electrical Maintenace Tech - Help please

I would run your case past a good registered migration agent to see what the best stratergy would be.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 2:20 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonny0126 View Post
Hello all and happy new year,

I am looking for some advice on hopefully migration from the UK to Australia.

About me
Currently working as an electrical engineer for the past 18 months but have previously working as a maintenance technician/electrical supervisor/team leader with 10 years experience in the industry.

I have a HNC and NVQ 3 in electrical/electronic engineering and 17th edition wiring regs. 4 year indentured apprenticeship with an advance modern apprenticeship certificate.

I have been looking at the skilled migration route with either a skilled independent 189, skilled nominated 190 or the 482 TSS medium term stream. I have 75 points but have been told that this is low and probably won’t get an offer after submitting my EOI is this the case please?

From all the threads I have read I cannot go to Australia as an electrical engineer without a degree but there is an electrical engineering draftsperson job on the MTLSSL but not sure if I need a degree for this.

Electrical engineering technician 312312 is also on the MTLSSL which is assessed by TRA. I have done some more searching need to do the migration skills assessment program Which compares my current qualifications/skills to the Australian standard for my role. I have read that this doesn’t turn my qualifications into Australian equivalents so effectively I would imagine that wouldn’t make me employable in Oz. Would this be the best route to go down? What are the chances of success and how would I turn my qualifications into Oz equivalents?

I also have domestic electrical experience, an have been told that this would be the best route to go down. I prefer the industrial element but if needs must...

Please can someone kindly give me some advice. Been reading thread after thread for the last month or so

thank you 😊
I have a similar background and went the electrician route, with state sponsorship to meet points requirement.

You don't have to be a house basher to pass the assessment
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Sharkmilk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello bud.

I am almost done witht he subclass 190, Im just waiting for process im 3 months in after passing the english tests / assesment / medical. I have a sparky maintenance background and Im going as a general spark.
I got 65 points, passed the EOI for NSW. Just jump for the stars my mate and if it doesnt work out, jump again dont settle for the best, you're here once in life.