Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

uk address 457 postal redirection

uk address 457 postal redirection

Old Sep 13th 2010, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice
Default uk address 457 postal redirection

hi useful people

Me again i feel in the next six weeks my postings will multiply!!!

on a 457 we dont really belong anywhere... we need uk address for bank accounts credit cards savings etc here (can I keep my isa going??) but obviously our house is being rented out- parents arent too happy about us going so prefer not to use their address...
what can we do?? ??
how can we assume we get our post, if redirected for 3/4 years???
Id hate to find out I had won on the premium bonds and never found out!!

thank you Helen
Old Sep 13th 2010, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Dimples01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: uk address 457 postal redirection

Originally Posted by heldownunder
hi useful people

Me again i feel in the next six weeks my postings will multiply!!!

on a 457 we dont really belong anywhere... we need uk address for bank accounts credit cards savings etc here (can I keep my isa going??) but obviously our house is being rented out- parents arent too happy about us going so prefer not to use their address...
what can we do?? ??
how can we assume we get our post, if redirected for 3/4 years???
Id hate to find out I had won on the premium bonds and never found out!!

thank you Helen
Why do you need an address? Your bank doesnt need to know you are abroad and manage all your banking online or get post redirected to Oz...for a fee. Cant help you with the ISA question, but Im sure your ISA broker will be able to answer that one. You can also manage bonds from abroad.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of

Royal Mail will redirect mail from your UK address with your surname for GBP110 per year. Check their website.
However, I'm not sure if they will continuously do this for years and years.
They only redirect letters so it is NOT a cheap way to get small parcels to Australia!
We've been using the service since May and it seems quite efficient.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:55 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by killerhales
Royal Mail will redirect mail from your UK address with your surname for GBP110 per year. Check their website.
However, I'm not sure if they will continuously do this for years and years.
They only redirect letters so it is NOT a cheap way to get small parcels to Australia!
We've been using the service since May and it seems quite efficient.
I am on my3rd year of redirection!! I initally set up a 3 month redirection to my parents house, then when settled in a place in Oz set up a new one to my Oz address. Simple as! All online via the website.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

wijay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
We've just arrived in Oz a week ago. I used redirection from Royal Mail to a friend house for a month. I think you can continue for years.

For ISA, I told Egg Money that we would move, and they said that I need to stop my ISA because it was only for UK resident.

But still keep my bank account and credit card changing into Australian address without any problem.

regards
Old Sep 14th 2010, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Mr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura about

Yeah Royal Mail redirection is the best bet. I have been using it for 2 years now. We have UK ISA's and live in Belgium. Not sure if it is allowed but they are none the wiser as we have not changed our address with them. Best way round it until you settle somewhere permanatly.

It can all be done online and is dead easy. Good Luck
Old Sep 15th 2010, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

They may have changed the regulations (as i left the UK a while ago now) but you used to be able to keep any ISA's which you have opened but are not allowed to open any new ISA's once you leave the UK.

I have a feeling though as Australia doesn't recognise the tax free status you are supposed to pay tax on ISA interest.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

So it is possible to redirect post to Australia? I have set up a redirection to my father in laws, but would rather not keep that going forever. I didn't realise think it would be possible to redirect to here.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 9:53 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

The Post Office web site states that the redirection service is for a maximum of 2 years. Not sure how some have been able to extend it for longer than that?
Old Sep 15th 2010, 9:54 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
So it is possible to redirect post to Australia? I have set up a redirection to my father in laws, but would rather not keep that going forever. I didn't realise think it would be possible to redirect to here.
Yes you can, but it costs more
Old Sep 15th 2010, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice

thanks for all the info

rang premium bonds and yep they are ok
I presume telling our bank is ok as rent and mortgage will be going in and out- as one of our isas is with them I guess we will find out then..
redirection sounds good I am just busy ringing all those rogue catalogues as they appear, in order to stop them.

Just thinking, would a magazine subscription/dvd /cd package get redirected ie large letter???? - just like to push it!!!!

many thanks
Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:47 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Yep!!! Very easy to do online. I think its about 110 quid or something, went up last year. You have options for 3/6/12 months.
I asked about time limits and they said that if you are redirecting from a permanent residence, we are here on 457 so yes, then its ok to just renew as you see fit.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:49 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by heldownunder
thanks for all the info

rang premium bonds and yep they are ok
I presume telling our bank is ok as rent and mortgage will be going in and out- as one of our isas is with them I guess we will find out then..
redirection sounds good I am just busy ringing all those rogue catalogues as they appear, in order to stop them.

Just thinking, would a magazine subscription/dvd /cd package get redirected ie large letter???? - just like to push it!!!!

many thanks
We have had magazines and CD's redirected, but we soon stopped it because (stands by for an outcry!!) I do not trust Australian Post!!! We have had too many things not arrive for various reasons so we do not consider it secure.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 6:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by paddyo
We have had magazines and CD's redirected, but we soon stopped it because (stands by for an outcry!!) I do not trust Australian Post!!! We have had too many things not arrive for various reasons so we do not consider it secure.
Is the Aussie Post really that untrustworthy?
Old Sep 21st 2010, 1:57 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by paulry
Is the Aussie Post really that untrustworthy?
Its only my own personal opinion....but as I said, too many things not arrived.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.