Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ugly Australians

Ugly Australians

Old May 27th 2003, 6:21 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ugly Australians

Not looks but still a nice insight to what an Aussie is ?

Alison Broinowski (Insight, 24/5) argues that the international reputation of Australians as boors may have been a factor in the Bali bombing. Whether this is true or not, every time I've been to Asia the behaviour of one or two Australians has made me cringe - like the middle-aged man who boarded my flight in Kuala Lumpur wearing his AFL-approved footy shorts and exhibited football crowd demeanour all the way back to Melbourne.

Then, at Tullamarine, while waiting for luggage, no one could avoid overhearing a long monologue from an Australian man in which every sentence contained an expletive. He wasn't drunk or angry, he'd simply found a friend and was telling him about his holiday - oblivious that he was in an international airport and standing two metres from a Muslim woman.

Finally, just the other day I heard an Australian man casually refer to an Asian shop assistant (within her earshot) as a "dim sim" - and he actually wasn't trying to insult her.

Guy Coape-Smith, Kew

Old May 27th 2003, 6:39 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ugly Australians

Originally posted by pommie bastard

Alison Broinowski (Insight, 24/5) argues that the international reputation of Australians as boors may have been a factor in the Bali bombing. Whether this is true or not, every time I've been to Asia the behaviour of one or two Australians has made me cringe - like the middle-aged man who boarded my flight in Kuala Lumpur wearing his AFL-approved footy shorts and exhibited football crowd demeanour all the way back to Melbourne.

Then, at Tullamarine, while waiting for luggage, no one could avoid overhearing a long monologue from an Australian man in which every sentence contained an expletive. He wasn't drunk or angry, he'd simply found a friend and was telling him about his holiday - oblivious that he was in an international airport and standing two metres from a Muslim woman.

Finally, just the other day I heard an Australian man casually refer to an Asian shop assistant (within her earshot) as a "dim sim" - and he actually wasn't trying to insult her.

Guy Coape-Smith, Kew

Here's some more Fiction
Old May 27th 2003, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

queenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant future

Guy Coape-Smith, Kew

I don't think Aussies behaviour in particular had anything to do with the Bali bombing. The bombers themselves have said they chose that area because they thought a lot of Americans would be there.

However I must totally agree that the behaviour of Aussies in general can be quite vulgar and cringeworthy perhaps only equal to some peasants in Essex.
Old May 27th 2003, 6:42 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Florida_03
Here's some more Fiction
Fiction ? thats me mate next door?

Old May 27th 2003, 6:44 am
Banned

Originally posted by queenie
I don't think Aussies behaviour in particular had anything to do with the Bali bombing. The bombers themselves have said they chose that area because they thought a lot of Americans would be there.

However I must totally agree that the behaviour of Aussies in general can be quite vulgar and cringeworthy perhaps only equal to some peasants in Essex.

The bomber said it was a pay back for East Timor , dream on the guy was local.
Bali is Australias Spain not many Americans there.
So an Australian is an Essex lad/girl with less marbles?

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 27th 2003 at 6:48 am.
Old May 27th 2003, 6:52 am
Not here

Guy Coape-Smith, Kew

Only ever met a few Brit yobs...but from what I hear they are very racially tolerant...

As for insulting people at airports...no Brit would do that?...would they?
Old May 27th 2003, 6:55 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Substantiate or are you his only mate?
Old May 27th 2003, 6:55 am
Banned

Originally posted by Florida_03
Only ever met a few Brit yobs...but from what I hear they are very racially tolerant...

As for insulting people at airports...no Brit would do that?...would they?
Saw a great match up last Wednesday night down the OB two Aussie women (Heavy Weights) knock crap out of each other , an English guy tried to stop the action they put him through a pane of glass in the front door.

Old May 27th 2003, 6:56 am
Banned

Originally posted by Megalania
Substantiate or are you his only mate?
Or my only mate?

Old May 27th 2003, 6:58 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Saw a great match up last Wednesday night down the OB two Aussie women (Heavy Weights) knock crap out of each other , an English tried to stop the action they put him through a pane of glass in the front door.

Up to your DHW spiking again I see.
Old May 27th 2003, 6:59 am
Banned

Originally posted by Megalania
Up to your DHW spiking again I see.

Must go more punters to see my hovel and golf tomorrow , keep up the good work .

Old May 27th 2003, 7:04 am
Not here

Must go more punters to see my hovel and golf tomorrow , keep up the good work .

C'mon BP I hear there are OTHER shots you could give the mutt...er loyal family pet...to speed your return to the mother ship...August seems so far away to us ugly ones...
Old May 27th 2003, 7:07 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an ugly Australian - Paul Keating...
Attached Thumbnails Ugly Australians-keating.jpg  
Old May 27th 2003, 7:25 am
Not here

Originally posted by jayr
Here's an ugly Australian ...
No...say it's not true...I DDDDon't believe it...PB and PK???...are they???...did they???

...their love child???...yes I see it now he has PB's....
Old May 27th 2003, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

queenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant future

Bali is Australias Spain not many Americans there.
So an Australian is an Essex lad/girl with less marbles?

Not heard this comment about East Timor before, but I thought the bombers were from Java.

Which is the worse behaviour Aussie or Essex? Essex would get the gold medal but Australia would get both the silver and bronze.

Where are you heading to PB? always enjoy your posts. Be sure to post when you find Eden.

Queenie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.