Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are u from Wrexham or North Wales and now in Oz?

Are u from Wrexham or North Wales and now in Oz?

Old Aug 27th 2012, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

GunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really nice
Question Are u from Wrexham or North Wales and now in Oz?

Hi I am from the above and looking at moving over with my family (hubby and 2 girls age 5 & 1). Just curious to know if anyone from the above have made the move? Where are you living and what do you like/dislike about it. Thanks
Old Aug 27th 2012, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

taff lewis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are u from Wrexham or North Wales and now in Oz?

Hi there, I lived in Denbigh before moving to South America a few years ago. Just had confirmation literaly a few mins ago that my 457 visa application to Australia has been accepted. So will have some answers to your questions very soon I hope
Old Aug 28th 2012, 12:00 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not from Wrexham, but I lived in Hope for a few years back in the 90s.

Australia isn't really anything like Hope
Old Aug 28th 2012, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

futureoz is an unknown quantity at this point

we are from south wales, been to wrexham a few times
Old Aug 28th 2012, 1:22 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I'm not from Wrexham, but I lived in Hope for a few years back in the 90s.

Australia isn't really anything like Hope
Who hasn't lived in hope at some point?
Old Aug 28th 2012, 1:24 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GunnersCandy
Hi I am from the above and looking at moving over with my family (hubby and 2 girls age 5 & 1). Just curious to know if anyone from the above have made the move? Where are you living and what do you like/dislike about it. Thanks
What part of Australia? It's a big old place with some big differences depending on what part.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 5:40 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
Who hasn't lived in hope at some point?
Live in Hope, die in Caergwrle, as the locals used to say.

(That's where the cemetery was)
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Does being a North Walian make integrating in to normal society more difficult?
Old Aug 28th 2012, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

My best friend at Uni was from Wrexham and my family love living in Australia. Why does where you come from make a difference?!
Old Aug 28th 2012, 1:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Does being a North Walian make integrating in to normal society more difficult?
You've not been to North Wales then?
Old Aug 28th 2012, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

GunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really nice

Originally Posted by taff lewis
Hi there, I lived in Denbigh before moving to South America a few years ago. Just had confirmation literaly a few mins ago that my 457 visa application to Australia has been accepted. So will have some answers to your questions very soon I hope
Taff lewis I am actually from Denbigh, well Llansannan to be precise!
Old Aug 28th 2012, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Live in Hope, die in Caergwrle, as the locals used to say.

(That's where the cemetery was)
Ha yes they still say that lol
Old Aug 28th 2012, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Zen10
What part of Australia? It's a big old place with some big differences depending on what part.
Not sure is the answer! We have actually been out to Perth for 3 weeks the other year and as much as I loved it, I just didn't get the right vibe. So I feel like I am back to square one!
Old Aug 28th 2012, 9:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by GunnersCandy
Not sure is the answer! We have actually been out to Perth for 3 weeks the other year and as much as I loved it, I just didn't get the right vibe. So I feel like I am back to square one!
Do you have any friends or family anywhere here? Perhaps you could start with that as a base. What were you looking for that you didn't find in Perth?
Old Aug 29th 2012, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Yes my sister is in Perth lol

I think the isolation was a huge factor. Also it was little things such as no greenery apart from in Perth it's self and the feeling that everything was so modern no historic buildings etc not that I am really in to that thing but everything looked so plain. I loved the beaches and Hillarys was my favourite place as it was very child friendly. Also I would say that most of the people we met were all British and everything was focused around the way the British do everything. I would like to mix more with the Austarlians and there culture.
Where I am from is not a huge city more like a large town but within 40-50 mins drive I can go to Liverpool, Manchester etc I would like somewhere with good beaches for the children and a nice community feel.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.