Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are u from Wrexham or North Wales and now in Oz?

Are u from Wrexham or North Wales and now in Oz?

Old Aug 29th 2012, 11:27 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are u from Wrexham or North Wales and now in Oz?

Originally Posted by GunnersCandy
Yes my sister is in Perth lol

I think the isolation was a huge factor. Also it was little things such as no greenery apart from in Perth it's self and the feeling that everything was so modern no historic buildings etc not that I am really in to that thing but everything looked so plain. I loved the beaches and Hillarys was my favourite place as it was very child friendly. Also I would say that most of the people we met were all British and everything was focused around the way the British do everything. I would like to mix more with the Austarlians and there culture.
Where I am from is not a huge city more like a large town but within 40-50 mins drive I can go to Liverpool, Manchester etc I would like somewhere with good beaches for the children and a nice community feel.
Thanks
Oh OK. Obviously nothing in Australia compares with UK for pre 19th Century historical buildings. If you like green then you could try up north but that comes with tropical weather patterns. We get green April - October here, and it's all year round in parts of the hills. We also have nice buildings from the 1800s and also some amazing villas from the Edwardian period. Perth is very English, as you have seen. Where we are actually has one of the smallest British contingents in any Australian city and we like that about it a lot.

Ultimately, all you can do is find out if you qualify fir a visa, and the think about what you want out of Australia before deciding yay or nay and then picking a part to go to, although you might be constrained depending on the visa.

Good luck!
Old Aug 29th 2012, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

Have you thought about the Central Coast, much greener than Perth and an hour to Sydney, we deal with a company in Denbigh, Ifor Williams as we import their trailers and horse floats. Anyway as I said the Central Coast is a nice place to live.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

GunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really nice

Thanks for the info. Where about are you? I like the heat (not keen on the sweaty can't breath heat! more the dry heat) can handle the cold if it's for a short period unlike here where we don't seem to have had a summer at all this year.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

GunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really nice

Hi yes I would consider the central coast. Do you know if there is much work for electricians and accountants? What areas are worth looking at for a nice community feel and great for children?

I know a lot of people that work for Ifor Williams which is in Corwen (between Wrexham and Denbigh)

Thanks any info much appreciated
Old Aug 29th 2012, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

Hello,
Anywhere from Newcastle down the coast through to Swansea, yes Swansea. Then from Forresters Beach to Ettalong and Umina end of the peninsula. Thats all the Beach areas but lots of away from the beach areas as well, it depends on what you are looking for. There are quite a lot of accountancy firms around and I dont think its to hard to find the work, again depends on what level you are aiming for and whether you want to go self employed or employed. There are plenty of electricians around but that involves the licensing system which is a whole different discussion. A lot travel to Sydney every day as well, better money but longer days and a lot of F3 driving. Maybe you could ask your friends to pack our containers with the right stuff at Ifor Williams as they dont seem to realise that it takes 3 months to get it and very annoying when it turns out to be the wrong stuff or missing completely. Good luck with your choice anyway.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pogsy
Hello,
Anywhere from Newcastle down the coast through to Swansea, yes Swansea. Then from Forresters Beach to Ettalong and Umina end of the peninsula. Thats all the Beach areas but lots of away from the beach areas as well, it depends on what you are looking for. There are quite a lot of accountancy firms around and I dont think its to hard to find the work, again depends on what level you are aiming for and whether you want to go self employed or employed. There are plenty of electricians around but that involves the licensing system which is a whole different discussion. A lot travel to Sydney every day as well, better money but longer days and a lot of F3 driving. Maybe you could ask your friends to pack our containers with the right stuff at Ifor Williams as they dont seem to realise that it takes 3 months to get it and very annoying when it turns out to be the wrong stuff or missing completely. Good luck with your choice anyway.
I have heard a few people mention Newcastle, is it a large town? I guess I am just looking for a small town that is nice and safe to bring children up (hard to find these days I know) with a bit of a community feel. Would like to be within 10 min drive to beach, 10 min drive to shopping centre, cinema etc

Hobbies: My husband loves his MTB and road bike so cycling is his thing although he has recently started doing triathlons. My daughter currently does dancing, gymnastics and horse riding. I enjoy dance classes and fitness classes etc

We just want to enjoy the out doors which we don't currently get to do these days with the weather here.

Ifor Williams has a very good reputation over here so I am suprised. Customer service is a huge deal over here so maybe your not complaining to the right people lol

Thanks
Colette
Old Aug 29th 2012, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Hi I am from the above and looking at moving over with my family (hubby and 2 girls age 5 & 1). Just curious to know if anyone from the above have made the move? Where are you living and what do you like/dislike about it. Thanks
I'm not from Wrexham but I did live there for 2 years when I was at NEWI doing my HND and I did 5 years in Sydney Cremorne to be specific. There is no comparison between Wrexham and Sydney mainly because Sydney is a fantastic place to live and Wrexham isn't. If you have the chance you should go in my opinion.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by isgraham
I'm not from Wrexham but I did live there for 2 years when I was at NEWI doing my HND and I did 5 years in Sydney Cremorne to be specific. There is no comparison between Wrexham and Sydney mainly because Sydney is a fantastic place to live and Wrexham isn't. If you have the chance you should go in my opinion.
Isgraham To be fair Wrexham has had a lot if money spent on it in the last few years so has improved greatly since I first moved here. I agree it's nothing special apart from family and friends been here.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

taff lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

Taff lewis I am actually from Denbigh, well Llansannan to be precise!
Hello there, I know Llansanan fairly well, been there for a bar meal a few times. Im not sure were you are now, still in Llansanan or Australia??
Old Aug 30th 2012, 5:01 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

There is no comparison between Wrexham and Sydney mainly because Sydney is a fantastic place to live and Wrexham isn't. If you have the chance you should go in my opinion.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Isgraham To be fair Wrexham has had a lot if money spent on it in the last few years so has improved greatly since I first moved here. I agree it's nothing special apart from family and friends been here.
It wasn't the place that was the problem.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by taff lewis
Hello there, I know Llansanan fairly well, been there for a bar meal a few times. Im not sure were you are now, still in Llansanan or Australia??
Hell not Llansannan the country life is not for me lol I moved to Wrexham when I was 16 and still here looking at moving to Australia. Spent 3 weeks in Perth and discovered it was not the right place for us so now I'm back to square one!
Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

It wasn't the place that was the problem.
The people then? were not all bad! depends what part you were living in I guess.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 11:31 am
Banned

Hell not Llansannan the country life is not for me lol I moved to Wrexham when I was 16 and still here looking at moving to Australia. Spent 3 weeks in Perth and discovered it was not the right place for us so now I'm back to square one!
You should start at the beginning:

http://www.immi.gov.au/
Old Aug 30th 2012, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Katarina222 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Im in Wrexham and just starting the process of applying for the De Facto visa as my fella is an Auzzie citizen.
We`ll hopefully be heading to Perth, the West Coast is a stunning area and we loved the city.
This time next year fingers crossed x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.