U.K. Tax Refund

Old Jan 18th 2005, 5:54 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: U.K. Tax Refund

How long is a "reasonable" length to wait before chasing them up? I sent my P85 off on 8th December... was gonna leave it until around February to chase - should I chase it sooner?
Old Jan 18th 2005, 8:41 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by saraliz
How long is a "reasonable" length to wait before chasing them up? I sent my P85 off on 8th December... was gonna leave it until around February to chase - should I chase it sooner?

I'd probably give them till the end of Jan - just benefit of the doubt for being Christmas. Any other time I'd give them a month!
Old Jan 18th 2005, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

SydneyStace will become famous soon enoughSydneyStace will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: U.K. Tax Refund

I sent off my tax claim in June 2004 and I still haven't had anything back. I rang them last week and they said that they'd had an "increased volume of claims" and that they will dig my application out for processing. It's only taken them over 6 months and still nothing.....and they wonder why I left the UK

I have to call them in a week if it's still not in my account!

Seems like maybe more Brits are leaving .....................
Old Jan 18th 2005, 9:58 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SydneyStace
I sent off my tax claim in June 2004 and I still haven't had anything back. I rang them last week and they said that they'd had an "increased volume of claims" and that they will dig my application out for processing. It's only taken them over 6 months and still nothing.....and they wonder why I left the UK

I have to call them in a week if it's still not in my account!

Seems like maybe more Brits are leaving .....................
Hi........ very interesting thread....... was wondering if u knew anything about the proposed överseas expat tax law that is supposedly in the pipeline? Alot of ppl, especially in the ME, r startin 2 panic a wee bit cos of this.

So do u have 2 apply for an overseas tax refund as a Brit expat in AUS?
Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:01 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81
So do u have 2 apply for an overseas tax refund as a Brit expat in AUS?

As a Brit Expat fullstop. Nothing to do with being in Australia, just a case of getting the tax back that was taken off our pay, as its done on the basis you work the full tax year.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:07 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mlbonner
As a Brit Expat fullstop. Nothing to do with being in Australia, just a case of getting the tax back that was taken off our pay, as its done on the basis you work the full tax year.
Hi mlbonner. Thanks 4 ur response. Was just a bit curious bout the issue........ so once the law is officially ratified by parliament, do u think brits can expect a raise in basic pay (worlwide), provided they intend to pay, to compensate for the tax cuts?

Just wonder wot u think.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:08 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Hi mlbonner. Thanks 4 ur response. Was just a bit curious bout the issue........ so once the law is officially ratified by parliament, do u think brits can expect a raise in basic pay (worlwide), provided they intend to pay, to compensate for the tax cuts?

Just wonder wot u think.

Sorry - you've lost me! Are we talking about the same thing here
Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:14 pm
The Oracle

Sorry - you've lost me! Are we talking about the same thing here
lol.... sorry... just trying to figure out how the UK will manage to make expats comply with the proposed expat overseas tax law, if they do decide to go ahead with it?

The proposed law is starting to ruffle alot of expat feathers that are overseas. lol
Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:18 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

lol.... sorry... just trying to figure out how the UK will manage to make expats comply with the proposed expat overseas tax law, if they do decide to go ahead with it?

The proposed law is starting to ruffle alot of expat feathers that are overseas. lol

oh ok don't know anything about it, sorry... got me worried now. Though I have no taxable assets in the UK anymore.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:21 pm
The Oracle

oh ok don't know anything about it, sorry... got me worried now. Though I have no taxable assets in the UK anymore.
lol....... no need 2 worry....... is still in the planning stages, but it does look like they may go thru with it. Was just trying to figure out how they might possible regulate an overseas collection...... will be a mammoth of a task if u ask me.