U.K. Tax Refund

Old Jan 18th 2005, 6:54 pm
  #16  
 
saraliz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Fremantle
Posts: 675
saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: U.K. Tax Refund

How long is a "reasonable" length to wait before chasing them up? I sent my P85 off on 8th December... was gonna leave it until around February to chase - should I chase it sooner?
saraliz is offline  
Old Jan 18th 2005, 9:41 pm
  #17  
part-time Visa Angel!
 
mlbonner's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: half marathon runner!
Posts: 4,458
mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: U.K. Tax Refund

Originally Posted by saraliz
How long is a "reasonable" length to wait before chasing them up? I sent my P85 off on 8th December... was gonna leave it until around February to chase - should I chase it sooner?

I'd probably give them till the end of Jan - just benefit of the doubt for being Christmas. Any other time I'd give them a month!
mlbonner is offline  
Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:23 pm
  #18  
Forum Regular
 
SydneyStace's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 221
SydneyStace will become famous soon enoughSydneyStace will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: U.K. Tax Refund

I sent off my tax claim in June 2004 and I still haven't had anything back. I rang them last week and they said that they'd had an "increased volume of claims" and that they will dig my application out for processing. It's only taken them over 6 months and still nothing.....and they wonder why I left the UK

I have to call them in a week if it's still not in my account!

Seems like maybe more Brits are leaving .....................
SydneyStace is offline  
Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:58 pm
  #19  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: U.K. Tax Refund

Originally Posted by SydneyStace
I sent off my tax claim in June 2004 and I still haven't had anything back. I rang them last week and they said that they'd had an "increased volume of claims" and that they will dig my application out for processing. It's only taken them over 6 months and still nothing.....and they wonder why I left the UK

I have to call them in a week if it's still not in my account!

Seems like maybe more Brits are leaving .....................
Hi........ very interesting thread....... was wondering if u knew anything about the proposed överseas expat tax law that is supposedly in the pipeline? Alot of ppl, especially in the ME, r startin 2 panic a wee bit cos of this.

So do u have 2 apply for an overseas tax refund as a Brit expat in AUS?
Face81 is offline  
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:01 pm
  #20  
part-time Visa Angel!
 
mlbonner's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: half marathon runner!
Posts: 4,458
mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: U.K. Tax Refund

Originally Posted by Face81
So do u have 2 apply for an overseas tax refund as a Brit expat in AUS?

As a Brit Expat fullstop. Nothing to do with being in Australia, just a case of getting the tax back that was taken off our pay, as its done on the basis you work the full tax year.
mlbonner is offline  
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:07 pm
  #21  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: U.K. Tax Refund

Originally Posted by mlbonner
As a Brit Expat fullstop. Nothing to do with being in Australia, just a case of getting the tax back that was taken off our pay, as its done on the basis you work the full tax year.
Hi mlbonner. Thanks 4 ur response. Was just a bit curious bout the issue........ so once the law is officially ratified by parliament, do u think brits can expect a raise in basic pay (worlwide), provided they intend to pay, to compensate for the tax cuts?

Just wonder wot u think.
Face81 is offline  
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:08 pm
  #22  
part-time Visa Angel!
 
mlbonner's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: half marathon runner!
Posts: 4,458
mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: U.K. Tax Refund

Originally Posted by Face81
Hi mlbonner. Thanks 4 ur response. Was just a bit curious bout the issue........ so once the law is officially ratified by parliament, do u think brits can expect a raise in basic pay (worlwide), provided they intend to pay, to compensate for the tax cuts?

Just wonder wot u think.

Sorry - you've lost me! Are we talking about the same thing here
mlbonner is offline  
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:14 pm
  #23  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: U.K. Tax Refund

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Sorry - you've lost me! Are we talking about the same thing here
lol.... sorry... just trying to figure out how the UK will manage to make expats comply with the proposed expat overseas tax law, if they do decide to go ahead with it?

The proposed law is starting to ruffle alot of expat feathers that are overseas. lol
Face81 is offline  
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:18 pm
  #24  
part-time Visa Angel!
 
mlbonner's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: half marathon runner!
Posts: 4,458
mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: U.K. Tax Refund

Originally Posted by Face81
lol.... sorry... just trying to figure out how the UK will manage to make expats comply with the proposed expat overseas tax law, if they do decide to go ahead with it?

The proposed law is starting to ruffle alot of expat feathers that are overseas. lol

oh ok don't know anything about it, sorry... got me worried now. Though I have no taxable assets in the UK anymore.
mlbonner is offline  
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:21 pm
  #25  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: U.K. Tax Refund

Originally Posted by mlbonner
oh ok don't know anything about it, sorry... got me worried now. Though I have no taxable assets in the UK anymore.
lol....... no need 2 worry....... is still in the planning stages, but it does look like they may go thru with it. Was just trying to figure out how they might possible regulate an overseas collection...... will be a mammoth of a task if u ask me.
Face81 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.