Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

u.k. credit card payments

u.k. credit card payments

Old Aug 4th 2004, 1:59 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future
Default u.k. credit card payments

Once i open an Australian HSBC account (online savings account), can i still pay my monthly uk credit card payments online .

I take it all i have to do is arrange the transfer using the credit card sort code and account number?

My main concern is everytime i transfer the payment will i be charged for doing so???

Cheers

Darren
Old Aug 4th 2004, 2:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If its an Oz account, you'll be charged for EACH transfer. set yourself up an account with someone like www.tranzfers.com and move one lump sum at a time to a UK account with internet banking, then pay the bills from there. Then you only pay ONE transfer fee.
I move money every month via that site to pay UK loan/credit cards, costs me $15 a month, then I pay the bills from my UK bank account.
Just make sure you have a UK account with internet banking set up before you leave, and keep it open, don't tell them you're leaving!
Old Aug 4th 2004, 2:12 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Pollyana
If its an Oz account, you'll be charged for EACH transfer. set yourself up an account with someone like www.tranzfers.com and move one lump sum at a time to a UK account with internet banking, then pay the bills from there. Then you only pay ONE transfer fee.
I move money every month via that site to pay UK loan/credit cards, costs me $15 a month, then I pay the bills from my UK bank account.
Just make sure you have a UK account with internet banking set up before you leave, and keep it open, don't tell them you're leaving!

Yes im keeping my uk Halifax account opened with online banking.
How does it work? Do i transfer from an HSBC(oz) account to transfers.com then they forward it ti halifax?
Im going to phone my credit card firm and start paying direct debit.
and ill have a look at that site
Old Aug 4th 2004, 2:18 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You transfer the money from your Oz account to an account held by Tranzfers (in Westpac), they move it to a UK account at Nat West and convert it to pounds, (which costs you $15, or £7 if doing this from UK to Oz). They then pay it into your specified UK account - Halifax or whoever, and its yours to do as you please.
An example of timescale - I moved money today (wednes) at 3pm from my Oz account, I got an e-mail tonight asking me to confirm the transaction, the money will be in my UK account on Tuesday 9am.

If you use them , tell them Pollyana referred you!!!!
Old Aug 4th 2004, 2:26 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

You transfer the money from your Oz account to an account held by Tranzfers (in Westpac), they move it to a UK account at Nat West and convert it to pounds, (which costs you $15, or £7 if doing this from UK to Oz). They then pay it into your specified UK account - Halifax or whoever, and its yours to do as you please.
An example of timescale - I moved money today (wednes) at 3pm from my Oz account, I got an e-mail tonight asking me to confirm the transaction, the money will be in my UK account on Tuesday 9am.

Thats great.. Ive just this minute sorted out my credit card to come out by direct debit, and had a look at that site.

Do i fill it in once in oz? because its asking me for address details etc or can i do it over here(i leave in 6 weeks)

Cheers
Old Aug 4th 2004, 2:30 pm
Home and Happy

Do it with the UK address, I did. Never had any "snail-mail" from them, its all been e-mail, so make sure you have a hotmail/yahoo or some such address that you can keep current when you leave the UK. Once you get here, change your home address online.
I would set it up now as they have had to change their rules recently and need proof of ID sent through, so if you sort it now its one less thing for when you are here.
Good luck!
Old Aug 4th 2004, 8:31 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I have done several Tranzfers, Polly - but have never received the email asking for confirmation! they say that this is always happening. I don't know if that's the reason for what appears to be a lengthy transfer process?
Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:08 pm
Home and Happy

Probably is the reason Rog, I've always receieved an e-mail at once, and the transfer has been really quick. Have they got the right e-mail address?