Type Of Visa

Old Jan 17th 2004, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

lizzel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Type Of Visa

My fiance is Australian and we met 2 years ago when I was backpacking in Oz. We lived together on a resort where we were both working and whilst waiting for his visa to allow him to come to the UK we lived with his mum. We have been living together in UK with my parents since October 2002 and are trying to apply for a visa to allow me to live with him in Australia. We have booked the wedding for June 2005 in Australia and were applying for a fiance visa, but have been told its best to apply for a spouse visa. We do not have rental or tenancy agreements and utility bills are in my parents name. However, we have a joint bank account registered at my parents address and he has an English Driving Licence also registered at my parents address. Is this sufficient for us to apply for a spouse visa? We have all other evidence that they are asking for including a joint will, but we are confused as to what type of visa to apply for. Can anyone help us?
Thank You.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 4:37 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Type Of Visa

Originally posted by lizzel
My fiance is Australian and we met 2 years ago when I was backpacking in Oz. We lived together on a resort where we were both working and whilst waiting for his visa to allow him to come to the UK we lived with his mum. We have been living together in UK with my parents since October 2002 and are trying to apply for a visa to allow me to live with him in Australia. We have booked the wedding for June 2005 in Australia and were applying for a fiance visa, but have been told its best to apply for a spouse visa. We do not have rental or tenancy agreements and utility bills are in my parents name. However, we have a joint bank account registered at my parents address and he has an English Driving Licence also registered at my parents address. Is this sufficient for us to apply for a spouse visa? We have all other evidence that they are asking for including a joint will, but we are confused as to what type of visa to apply for. Can anyone help us?
Thank You.
can`t help personally but am sure pollyana or welsh boy billy can he posts on here occasionally
Old Jan 17th 2004, 7:37 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You.
Fiance Visa

3 stages

1st is application in London
2nd is after marriage in Australia
3rd is 2 years after marriage in Australia for Permanent Residency

De Facto

2 Stages

2nd is 2 years later in Australia for Permanent Residency

De Facto partner is just simpler. Dimia will accept your evidence of co-habitation. If there is any other correspondence for either of you at the address then provide it.

Look for the anthonykirby threads for useful lists of evidence and re-assurance. If you are feeling you are lacking in an area make up for it in another. The only other tip I can add is that photos can be submitted although it depends on the case officer if they will be looked at. I scanned about 20 photos and printed them on A4 with a label stating the date and context. That was in the final stage processing evidence guidelines.

Good luck

Bundy and Mrs Dagboy are also in the process of applying for a partner visa.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 7:40 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bondipom
Fiance Visa

3 stages

De Facto

2 Stages

De Facto partner is just simpler. Dimia will accept your evidence of co-habitation. If there is any other correspondence for either of you at the address then provide it.

Look for the anthonykirby threads for useful lists of evidence and re-assurance. If you are feeling you are lacking in an area make up for it in another. The only other tip I can add is that photos can be submitted although it depends on the case officer if they will be looked at. I scanned about 20 photos and printed them on A4 with a label stating the date and context. That was in the final stage processing evidence guidelines.

Good luck

Bondipom
What time is it out there? For gawds sake go back to bed.

Cheers.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 7:44 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bondipom
Fiance Visa

3 stages

De Facto

2 Stages

Good luck

Sorry just asked jeeves 07.42 ok stay up.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

adelaide bound we are off there soon where are you going there and when

arlene
Old Jan 17th 2004, 10:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

First thing is that if you go for a fiance visa, you only have 9 months from when its granted, in which time you have to travel to Oz, marry, and apply for the residence visa. So if you are definately going for a June 2005 wedding, you can't go on a fiance visa until late this year.

Sounds like de facto would be better for you; and even though you've been living with your parents that not a problem. You get Stat decs done by them, to say that you live there together as a couple, contribute to the bills etc. You can include official letters written to both of you at that address as well. Wills ,in each other favour are good too.

As Bondi says, look at Anthonykirbys threads, theres loads of info there, and take heart - although he went through a lot, a DID get his visa!!!

Good luck
Old Jan 17th 2004, 10:57 pm

Originally posted by Pollyana
As Bondi says, look at Anthonykirbys threads, theres loads of info there, and take heart - although he went through a lot, a DID get his visa!!!

Good luck
He probably had the roughest time of all of us partner visa types but his lists of evidence are excellent and they demonstrate some of things DIMIA look out for. As Polly says he got the visa. It seems that DIMIA will investigate a case properly by requesting more info or an interview before rejecting a case.

The point is a badly prepared application will just take a lot longer to process rather than being rejected. There will of course be exceptions (look at the Phillipines case in the Immigration forum but I think DIMIA may think there are a lot of bogus cases there).
Old Jan 18th 2004, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

lizzel is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry for being so green, but how do I find this? Im sure I have heard about it before bur cant remember if it was this site or something I read somewhere else! Im completly new at all this and have been struggling by myself to sort out visa's, shipping, leaving my family and booking and planning our wedding which is in Oz next year and take great comfort in reading that other people have been through the same thing!
Old Jan 18th 2004, 7:45 pm

I'm sorry for being so green, but how do I find this? Im sure I have heard about it before bur cant remember if it was this site or something I read somewhere else! Im completly new at all this and have been struggling by myself to sort out visa's, shipping, leaving my family and booking and planning our wedding which is in Oz next year and take great comfort in reading that other people have been through the same thing!
Click on Search (it is between My Forum and Chat). Put the username Anthonykirby in the search by user field and click search. I will try a search later myself. His threads were the most comprehensive.