Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Type 2 to Type1!!!!

Type 2 to Type1!!!!

Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:15 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light
Default Type 2 to Type1!!!!

Poo! My diabetes has stopped responding to tablets, making me now type1.
what a pain in the arse!
gotta go to the hospital in a couple of weeks to "learn" about insulin and jections
pisses me off as I have already cut out Alcohol, chocolate, sweets of any description and sugar in general!
oh well rant over.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:18 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Type 2 to Type1!!!!

Sorry to hear that, must be horrible.........
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:31 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice

Really sorry to hear about this, but surely once you have things stabilised again you could sneak the odd little tipple or bit of choccie??
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:44 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by paulf
what a pain in the arse!
gotta go to the hospital in a couple of weeks to "learn" about insulin and jections
pisses me off as I have already cut out Alcohol, chocolate, sweets of any description and sugar in general!
oh well rant over.
Sorry to hear that. One of my 11 year old pupils was rushed into hospital a few weeks ago and diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. She has been a true inspiration to us all. She has taken complete control straight away of keeping a check on her levels, injecting herself and watching her diet. Needless to say she is still finding her way around her eating and exercise levels but she is so good. No fuss. The only indication I have is when I mark her journal and she expresses in there how tough she is finding it, everyone fussing and how sore her fingers are from pricking them several times a day let alone the injections. We were going out to PE the other day and her level was low so she was meant to have some sugar before exercising, and she got tearful saying "I don't want to eat any more sweets."

So I feel for you and wish you good luck sending you karma
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:31 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Sorry to hear that. One of my 11 year old pupils was rushed into hospital a few weeks ago and diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. She has been a true inspiration to us all. She has taken complete control straight away of keeping a check on her levels, injecting herself and watching her diet. Needless to say she is still finding her way around her eating and exercise levels but she is so good. No fuss. The only indication I have is when I mark her journal and she expresses in there how tough she is finding it, everyone fussing and how sore her fingers are from pricking them several times a day let alone the injections. We were going out to PE the other day and her level was low so she was meant to have some sugar before exercising, and she got tearful saying "I don't want to eat any more sweets."

So I feel for you and wish you good luck sending you karma
Ahhh, thanks for that, poor kid, its more of a pain keeping check than anything else, I,m fine with it really, I gave up the beer 2 years ago when I was first diagonsed and have all but lost my craving for sweet things now (except in the evenings watching telly with a cuppa, I love chocolate malted milk biscuits!), and I still have a Ruby on a friday night!, but when the Doctor starts talking about losing your feet ffs!!!! its stops you in your tracks.
heyho, lol (i wish)
Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:10 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paulf
what a pain in the arse!
oh well rant over.
Injecting ain't that bad, it doesn't hurt (well occasionally) and the nurses told me don't let diabetes control your life, if you eat more, then inject more, simple. It can take a while to get you on the right kind in insulin but if you are on pills your diet will be far more disciplined than mine. Don't worry.

Are you in Oz yet ?