Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

type 1 diabetic info on medical please!

type 1 diabetic info on medical please!

Old Oct 29th 2005, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

oldhamisadump has much to be proud ofoldhamisadump has much to be proud ofoldhamisadump has much to be proud ofoldhamisadump has much to be proud ofoldhamisadump has much to be proud ofoldhamisadump has much to be proud ofoldhamisadump has much to be proud ofoldhamisadump has much to be proud ofoldhamisadump has much to be proud ofoldhamisadump has much to be proud ofoldhamisadump has much to be proud of
Default type 1 diabetic info on medical please!

Hello

After going to manchester meet today, it was mentioned that diabetes could cause a problem with the medical. My agent says as long as I am healthy (which I am) and don't spend long periods in hospital (which I don't) it shouldn't be a problem. Has anyone any first hand experience of this.

Also does anyone know how much, roughly, it may cost to get a prescription of insulin, it is free here.

Ta any info greatly appreciated
Old Oct 29th 2005, 9:03 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: type 1 diabetic info on medical please!

Originally Posted by oldhamisadump
Hello

After going to manchester meet today, it was mentioned that diabetes could cause a problem with the medical. My agent says as long as I am healthy (which I am) and don't spend long periods in hospital (which I don't) it shouldn't be a problem. Has anyone any first hand experience of this.

Also does anyone know how much, roughly, it may cost to get a prescription of insulin, it is free here.

hi, sorry, dont know the answer. just wanted to say, nice to meet you today (even though i had to dash off early and leave everybody to the fun!!)

hope you get your answer
Old Oct 29th 2005, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: type 1 diabetic info on medical please!

Hey got a good piccy of you!!!
Do a search pet, I have seen other people go to Oz with this condition so there must be a way

hugs Lace x
Old Oct 29th 2005, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

woodjo is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: type 1 diabetic info on medical please!

Originally Posted by oldhamisadump
Hello

hi,
don't worry there is absolutely nothing to worry about if your healthy and never been admitted because of your diabetes ,i passed and i even told them i smoked !
our doc at the medical gave me a form for my diabetic consultant to fill in which had to give a brief history of my diabetes from diagnosis to present but my consultant added how good i was a keeping records and how nice my kids are!!
one thing i did do, i kept meticulous low sugar levels for months waiting for the meds then a week before with the worry they went hay-wire , up and down like a yo-yo so i would love to know what the long term level showed.

so don't stress yourself it'll be a breeze.
good luck
Joanne