Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tying a knot in it.

Tying a knot in it.

Old Apr 25th 2005, 11:11 am
Banned

Fuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant future
Default Tying a knot in it.

The time has come where I have to consider tying my veins. It is with a little sadness that I approach this forum asking for advice on the where and why for's of having the snip.

Anyone had one in Australia? How much did it cost, what was the waiting list like etc.

I have spread a fair bit of seed in my time but it will still be a sad day when I finally shoot a blank wad.

:scared:
Old Apr 25th 2005, 12:21 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tying a knot in it.

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Duck
The time has come where I have to consider tying my veins. It is with a little sadness that I approach this forum asking for advice on the where and why for's of having the snip.

Anyone had one in Australia? How much did it cost, what was the waiting list like etc.

I have spread a fair bit of seed in my time but it will still be a sad day when I finally shoot a blank wad.

It doesn't really matter where you have it done, IT WILL BE BLOODY PAINFULL.

I suggest you prepare yourself for 5 days rest after and ensure you have some crutches as walking wil be painfull. just to put you off I have heard some horror stoires where they are the size of apples after the op..Ouch.

It does depend on doing what the doc tells u after the op.

Just buy some durex.. small price to pay in comparision.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 12:36 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben wanting brisbane life
... I have heard some horror stoires where they are the size of apples after the op..
They can shrink that much???
Old Apr 25th 2005, 12:41 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DagBoy
They can shrink that much???

Depends if you actually get to empty them from time to time Dagboy. May be you have a problem in this area ????????????????????
Old Apr 25th 2005, 12:44 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

just to put you off I have heard some horror stoires where they are the size of apples after the op..Ouch.
Lucky buggers.

I had water melons and needed the service of a wheelbarrow

What didn't help was my young son launching himself at me from several feet and landing between a convalescing dads legs

But generally there is nothing to worry about. The nurses that do the shaving are very experienced with a cut-throat razor. Just hope the one you get doesn't suffer with hayfever.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 12:45 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

I can do it for free

Have two house bricks. That normally does the trick :scared:

Old Apr 25th 2005, 12:54 pm
Born to be wild....

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
I can do it for free

Have two house bricks. That normally does the trick :scared:

Now your being downright nasty, Local anasthetic should help ease the pain,

You can go for the freebie but makesure you have some ice packs ready.

Durex buddy ..... or the female version.. alternativley get yourself a TV or sleep in the spare room.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 1:02 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Local anasthetic should help ease the pain,
Ohhh stop being a wuss.

I'll spit on the bricks first

You won't feel a thing. Promise

Old Apr 25th 2005, 1:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about Aus but hubby getting it done on Friday Going to a Salsa party on Saturday - that should bring a smile to my face (but obviously I will be very caring and sympathetic )
Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

My husband finally gave in a couple of years ago and had it done. He thought he'd sneak off and see the gp without telling me, he wanted to surprise me (I'd been nagging him for ages to get it done). I went with him to the hospital for his pre op checks and they made the appointment for the op there and then, for February the 14th!!!!!! (nhs staff obviously have a sense of humour) You should have seen his face.
It was nearly as funny as the John Wayne walk after the op. (I did feel sorry for him really!)
Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracyd
My husband finally gave in a couple of years ago and had it done. He thought he'd sneak off and see the gp without telling me, he wanted to surprise me (I'd been nagging him for ages to get it done). I went with him to the hospital for his pre op checks and they made the appointment for the op there and then, for February the 14th!!!!!! (nhs staff obviously have a sense of humour) You should have seen his face.
It was nearly as funny as the John Wayne walk after the op. (I did feel sorry for him really!)
Idiot question alert

Why do the men have to get it done, and not the women. If you don't want more kids, why not get your own tubes tied?

Its a genuine question. Mrs JTL claims its because it causes problems for women (medically I mean). Whereas for men, it just causes short term pain.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Idiot question alert

Why do the men have to get it done, and not the women. If you don't want more kids, why not get your own tubes tied?

Its a genuine question. Mrs JTL claims its because it causes problems for women (medically I mean). Whereas for men, it just causes short term pain.

Cheers,
JTL
Because for women it is a major op - general anasthetic and all the problems that can occur with that. For men it is just a local and a bit of discomfort for a few days.

Also Q have already gone through the pregnancies and births and I think it is time he had something relatively minor done to hopefully prevent me from having to push a medicine ball through the eye of a needle again :scared:
Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:50 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Because for women it is a major op - general anasthetic and all the problems that can occur with that. For men it is just a local and a bit of discomfort for a few days.

Also Q have already gone through the pregnancies and births and I think it is time he had something relatively minor done to hopefully prevent me from having to push a medicine ball through the eye of a needle again :scared:
Cant believe men complain about a little snip compared to what you're quoting above!
Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
through the eye of a needle again :scared:
So no medical reason then?

Just women thinking men deserve a bit of pain?

Eye of a needle? Still?

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 25th 2005, 4:00 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
So no medical reason then?

Just women thinking men deserve a bit of pain?

Eye of a needle? Still?

Cheers,
JTL
I dont think women think men deserve pain but anatomically it is easier for men to have the op than women.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.