Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

two more reasons to go

two more reasons to go

Old Oct 21st 2005, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

BazzaMatthews is a jewel in the roughBazzaMatthews is a jewel in the roughBazzaMatthews is a jewel in the roughBazzaMatthews is a jewel in the rough
Default two more reasons to go

1) Front page of the red tops today shows a girl - 12 years old - with her face carved up like a Sunday joint cos she got in a row with another 12 year old girl at school!

2) National statistics office has revealed that 526000 people entered Uk last year and 340000 left so country is getting more crowded to the tune of 200000 or so - Also these figures do not include illegals. The same report estimates that the population of UK will hit 70 Million by 2070. Most of those entering settle in the S.E.!

Q) What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in!!!!!

(The answer probably begins with A)
Old Oct 21st 2005, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Aussie_Pride will become famous soon enough
Default Re: two more reasons to go

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Front page of the red tops today shows a girl - 12 years old - with her face carved up like a Sunday joint cos she got in a row with another 12 year old girl at school!

Yer not good but it does happen here as well sorry to say

2) National statistics office has revealed that 526000 people entered Uk last year and 340000 left so country is getting more crowded to the tune of 200000 or so - Also these figures do not include illegals. The same report estimates that the population of UK will hit 70 Million by 2070. Most of those entering settle in the S.E.!

Things will only get worse in OZ as well but you can only settle on the coast,you will see in some places they are putting same size houses as before on smaller plots of land,it is happening all over the world,Pus a good share of illegals over here are Poms
Old Oct 21st 2005, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

BazzaMatthews is a jewel in the roughBazzaMatthews is a jewel in the roughBazzaMatthews is a jewel in the roughBazzaMatthews is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Aussie_Pride
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yer not good but it does happen here as well sorry to say

Things will only get worse in OZ as well but you can only settle on the coast,you will see in some places they are putting same size houses as before on smaller plots of land,it is happening all over the world,Pus a good share of illegals over here are Poms
I don't expect Oz to be some Utopia - I lived in central Sydney for a while and saw some sights believe me. My point is that the rate of change in Oz will be much slower and, ultimately, quality of life better. The SE corner of Oz is the most densely populated but in comparison to the UK there is bags of room.

As for a good share of illegals being POMS - bull sh*t!!!! (btw - it should be P.O.M.E. as in Prisoners Of ....blah blah) Do you know what the stats are to back this strange statement up. Lets face it I as an Englishman am hardly likely to be able to turn up having crossed a dozen countries and then claim assilam and get healthcare and housing and benefits for which I haven't contributed a bean, as is the case with many immigrants here in England. I would guess what you refer to are Backpackers who simply stay longer than the time stated on there visa - You just don't have a scuby mate!!!!!!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 11:59 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Its about time someone did a thread like this. Its been at least aweek since there was one
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BazzaMatthews
I don't expect Oz to be some Utopia - I lived in central Sydney for a while and saw some sights believe me. My point is that the rate of change in Oz will be much slower and, ultimately, quality of life better. The SE corner of Oz is the most densely populated but in comparison to the UK there is bags of room.

As for a good share of illegals being POMS - bull sh*t!!!! (btw - it should be P.O.M.E. as in Prisoners Of ....blah blah) Do you know what the stats are to back this strange statement up. Lets face it I as an Englishman am hardly likely to be able to turn up having crossed a dozen countries and then claim assilam and get healthcare and housing and benefits for which I haven't contributed a bean, as is the case with many immigrants here in England. I would guess what you refer to are Backpackers who simply stay longer than the time stated on there visa - You just don't have a scuby mate!!!!!!
Yer ok m8 know more than you do believe me i have worked with many Poms that have been here a lot longer than they should have and are still here so take off you rose colored glasses Muppet P.S I was born and spent most of my childhood in blacktown i know how shit it can get don't need you to tell me.Do half you poms ever stop whinging about England i usually consider myself a easy going person but some of you lot do p*** me of,I know there are some good people on this site but some of you should be sent to your own little island it will be the only place you will be happy

Last edited by Aussie_Pride; Oct 21st 2005 at 12:30 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:25 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

you rose colored glasses Muppet
psssst it's rose tinted glasses (rose coloured just reflects their lifestyle choice)
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:28 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
psssst it's rose tinted glasses (rose coloured just reflects their lifestyle choice)

Look folks each are entiltled to their own opinions let's just draw a line in the sand.

This is a thread enciting disagreements. There are more important things to worry about like here and now , your health and so forth.

The world will be what it will be and so will the individuals in it. that ain't gonna change. Only difference you can change it for yourself hopefully for the better.

That's all that matters.

Let's agree to disagree and be happy.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry only time i have ever heard of this rose tinted glasses has been on here so me bad for getting it wrong
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:34 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Australia remove about 20,000 visa over stayers a year .
Some one posted a list of them on here ages ago , it was like

1 brits
2 yanks
3,4 ,5 all Asian countries
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:36 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Actually your both right I reckon. They are the Backpackers and other UK travellers who stay in Australia longer than permitted - otherwise known as illegally! I wonder if anyone would be more tolerant of say a Nigerian overstaying a tourist visa in the UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4226949.stm

As to people claiming asylum in the UK, that remains a question for the UK government on how to deal with that. Unfortunately Australia whilst having a seemingly very robust policy on such matters (http://www.immi.gov.au/facts/82detention.htm) chucks people in little more than camps in the desert and ignores such trivial issues such as the United Nations levelling critism against the policy (http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/paperchas...an-illegal.php) or Amnesty International protests (http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/paperchas...ustralian.php).

Each country has its own problems at the end of the day but with global population increases generally accepted as being far too great to actually keep us as a race sustainable within the next couple of generations, I think that realistically all countries will suffer - its just a case of some will suffer before others.

Personally, I left the UK for many reasons and remain more than happy with the decision. Many will not be and everyone must see things from thier own viewpoint.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Q) What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in!!!!!

(The answer probably begins with A)

to escape crime like that you need to go to the moon.....your not thinking logically.......I belive you are letting the media control your life and your actions.......where ever you go they have negative media although not as negative as the UK media.........my advice is to stop reading newspapers it's all crap anyway.....if you keep putting crap in your mind then it stands to reason that your mind will be full of crap.......try putting something positive but objective into your mind and your life will dramatically improve I promise
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Australia remove about 20,000 visa over stayers a year .
Some one posted a list of them on here ages ago , it was like

1 brits
2 yanks
3,4 ,5 all Asian countries
Brits 1st and just think you only used to have to brake the law to get here sorry little joke look what you have to do know to get here i have got both passports so can live in UK and Australia as and when i please so i feel very lucky
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by psb182
to escape crime like that you need to go to the moon.....your not thinking logically.......I belive you are letting the media control your life and your actions.......where ever you go they have negative media although not as negative as the UK media.........my advice is to stop reading newspapers it's all crap anyway.....if you keep putting crap in your mind then it stands to reason that your mind will be full of crap.......try putting something positive but objective into your mind and your life will dramatically improve I promise
WEll said m8 can i still look at page 3 of the sun when i go to the uk plz do you still have page 3 in the sun.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:43 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Brits 1st and just think you only used to have to brake the law to get here sorry little joke look what you have to do know to get here i have got both passports so can live in UK and Australia as and when i please so i feel very lucky
So would you rather be a ping pong pom or a jafa as they call Aussies in london
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:43 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Its about time someone did a thread like this. Its been at least aweek since there was one

LMFAO!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.